Guys, tell me this...

Should it be a huge clue that a guy is flirting with me when he tells me I'm just like his ex gf, etc... I've had this happen to me a few times... I can't really tell when I'm getting hit on and I'm just an overall nice person.. so I'm trying to stop things before they start...

What kind of things do you all do to initiate with a girl that you like...

Well, personally, the last thing I want to here when a guy is hitting on me is that I remind him of his EX GIRLFRIEND.

Considering I am NOT his ex girlfriend, that's NOT a compliment.

Really, don't get involved with guys that start out their flirting with you by talking and comparing you to their ex. Or to any other woman for that matter. Unless they are telling you you resemble Catherine Zeta-Jones or something.

I agree.. I don't think it's necessarily a good thing. I mean, there's a reason why they're EX girlfriends.. I'm not sure how good it is that you remind them of their exes.

Also, I don't know about you, but I would personally have a huge problem with being compared to other girls. I mean, why would he tell me that I remind him of his ex? Why not just tell me that I have an amazing personality, or whatever?

I can't tell what I'd do to initiate (because every situation is different), but the last thing I would do is to tell a girl she reminded me of someone from my past.

well, I got a lot of responses from zee womenz.. but that's okay.. you're input is also really appreciated!

It's just one of those things that it's happened *a lot* lately (I'm not really in the dating game, I'm in a pretty serious relationship) -- so it seemed to be a flirting tactic. Like *you look like someone I would date* kinda thing... and they weren't saying neg things.. they were all very good things.. I just thought it was a shady way of flirting and I brought up my bubs the first second I could! lol

just was wondering about other *typical* ways of flirting... just so I could be on my guard, I know I come accross as a flirt and I've done my best to work on it.

well, I got a lot of responses from zee womenz.. but that's okay.. you're input is also really appreciated!

LostInMyThoughts, slightlybent, Iceman and Novaangel are all men, so I think you got a pretty even response from men & women.

I'd say it's pretty accepted that it's pretty crass to flirt with someone by comparing them to their ex. Would you ever meet someone you were into and say "hey, you remind me of my ex boyfriend!"?

Should it be a huge clue that a guy is flirting with me when he tells me I'm just like his ex gf, etc... I've had this happen to me a few times... I can't really tell when I'm getting hit on and I'm just an overall nice person.. so I'm trying to stop things before they start...

Well Personally I think that it would be weird to tell a girl you like that she's like there ex gf..but thats just me, lol

Although Who knows his ex could have been great and She's the one that Left Him, so who knows...It would depend on the guy I guess

But Personally I would Never tell a girl I like That they are like one of my ex's, to me that kinda sounds more of an insult the a good thing](*,) ...lol