Okay soo briefly my situation is that I dated a guy for 5 months. Great guy...great relationship. He treated me like a princess...with respect, care, and concern. We never fought.

Our issues: he is 10 years older than me.

He is starting a job and I am starting Prof. school

He wants to start a family soon and get married.

He is very independent and does not need to talk to his gf everyday unlike me who likes to see my bf everyday or at least talk to him.

We did not have enough time to really get to know each other (only five months).

At the time of the break up (he initiated it), he brought up all of the above plus at the time I was going to be going to a school on the west coast while he was going to pursue a job on the east coast. he said that he cant do long distance...that it is not fair to him.

I saw him recently to get my stuff from his place. We acted like friends and he asked me if i got into the school on east or west coast. I had said that it was still the one on the west coast but i am still waitlisted for the one in the east coast.

After we had our last hug he told me to tell him if i get into the school on the east coast. I just looked at him (inside i was really hopeful) but then he added the comment," I know a lot of people on the east coast".

Well, a week ago I found out i got into the school on the east coast and the school is in the SAME state and he will be...only 1.5 hours away.

SHOULD I TELL HIM?

I know I am going to meet him before he moves....he has some other stuff to give me..but should I mention that i got into that school?

Sure, it is something you can mention in passing. I look at it this way - if I ran into an old friend on the street, and they asked me what was new, I would tell them about the school I got into....

but, don't get your hopes up! it might make him reconsider the relationship or it might not....

1.5 hours is still 1.5 hours away. It's still a long distance relationship. I did the 2 hour drive every week and to be honest it really kept our relationship at bay.

This may be just what you need in life right now, who knows. Take some time and think it over.

Keep us posted and good luck

Orlander