First Real Age Gap Relationship

For the past month or so now I've been dating a woman 9 years my junior, she is 21, I'm 30. On a whole I've never had a serious relationship with anyone that's ever been younger than me. I'm sure I'm making more out of this than I should but I sincerely care for this woman. I'm in new territory here with this and would like to hear some thoughts regarding this matter.

For the past month or so now I've been dating a woman 9 years my junior, she is 21, I'm 30. On a whole I've never had a serious relationship with anyone that's ever been younger than me. I'm sure I'm making more out of this than I should but I sincerely care for this woman. I'm in new territory here with this and would like to hear some thoughts regarding this matter.

You are both adults, and while you may be in different times in life, it does not mean you are not able to have a relationship. While it would be different if she was 16 and you 25, I don't think 21 and 30 is THAT out there or unheard of. My sister whom is 20, tends to date men 7-10 years older than herself (and has had a long term relationship with one of them) as she feels more comfortable and more on the same level with men whom are older than her.

The relationship may work, or it may not. If it does not, it does not mean it won't because of the age gap. If you are into her, just see how things go. It is only a month after all and you are still learning about one another, whatever your ages.

Hey,

21 and 30 isn't that bigger deal. I doubt you'd even notice the age difference. I'm no expert though.

I like reading threads about age gaps actually, it makes me feel better about myself knowing theres nothing wrong an age difference in a relationship.

You sound like a nice guy though, I hope things work out for you.

Miya xx

I'm in the same situation... except on the other end! I am 9 years my guy's junior (and pretty much the same age as your gf). I too have wondered what people might think, but my situation is a little more complicated on unrelated reasons.

Anyhow, as the same old thing is repeated; it's all about the maturity levels. Having roughly the same ones is a very helpful thing.

And of course, you might run accross a few people who aren't thrilled about a 9 year age gap; whereas people on here are extremely accepting (because they've probably had/are having/want to have an age-gap relationship -- why else would they be checking/posting in it?). Just make sure you both can take a little scrutiny. That's my main concern with this guy I'm interested in who is 9 years older. I'm wondering if he'll think it's worth the slight teasing he might be on the recieving end of.

Happy trails!

I honestly have no real specific concerns nor hesitations. I also realize that the realtionship is still very new and it will be treated as such regardless of either of our ages. I was just looking for some information since this is a new experince for me. I mean if the topic of Age-Gap relationships wasn't even a minor concern for some there wouldn't be forums on the topic. Thank you to all that have responded.