I was sitting here thinking about height.

See, when I met my boyfriend, I was surprised for a second that he was shorter than I had expected. It wasn't bad or anything. He's still taller than me. I think he's around 5'6" or so. I'm probably 5'3".

Anyway, we were talking online a while back (it's a LDR) and I said that when I met him I had expected him to be taller. Really it's not like I was thinking "I want him to be 5'10" or taller." It really was something I never thought about.

So he kinda got pissed at my comment and I guess his height is a touchy subject for him. His ex I guess would point out and make fun of the fact they were the same height which i was totally unaware of and apologized if what I said bothered him. I really don't care how tall he is.

So my question is, are guys sensitive when it comes to height if they're a bit on the lower end?

im not sure about guys. my boyfriend is 6'5 and im 5'2. i love his height but id go for a shorter guy anytime either. when i was in grade 9 i dated a guy who was 6 feet and i was 5'2 and he made fun of me all the time. it really made me nervous about going out with my current boyfriend, but he never bothers me. just explain that height doesnt matter to you and you love him the way he is.

In my experience, they are normally only sensitive about it if someone has made it an issue before, as your boyfriend's ex obviously did. I think everyone has something they are sensitive about because of some past situation that made them paranoid or insecure for some reason. I once knew a short guy that didn't ever worry about being short but hated his nose... and one guy who was insecure because he was so tall. It's just different for every person but once you learn of it, you do need to be sensitive and be a positive reinforcement to help erase the past insecurities. Anyways, that is just my opinion.

I think guys are more sensitive about that along with the amount of hair on top of their head and the size of their penis. Just reassure him that "he"makes you happy not how tall he is.

It would be the equivalent to him innocently saying... "I thought you'd be smaller (as in your weight). He maybe just had a picture in his head of what you'd weigh and you ended up being bigger. You may be sensitive to that when he wouldn't think anything of it at all.

Listen let me give you the real deal on being short from a guy...

...guys are VERY SENSITIVE about their height...once you go below 5'9/5'8...it gets bad...go look on link removed and almost all the females put the minimum height at 5'10...why do you think its short guys who get into fights at bars all the time...every here of somebody named Napoleon thus the "Napoleon Complex?"...he had to conquer the world to make up for being short...5'6 is nearing this intensity...for him commenting on his height would be almost as bad as commenting on a girls weight...

I know, now that I think about it, it sounds kinda bad. I do agree with you about "I thought you'd be smaller".

I have told him I love him no matter how tall/short he is and that it doesn't matter to me. Though it took quite a bit of time to express that to him. But I like that I don't have to go far to get a kiss from him or that it's awkward for us.

Lucky for him, I rarely wear heels.

I gotta watch what I say, if I say anything at all if it's height related, though that's very rare. He is also losing his hair which he totally hates and always critical when he takes pics of himself. I think he looks cute anyway.

That's good that you are sensitive to his feelings. Mens egos are everything and you don't want to crush him.

Of course people have preferences.. I prefer shorter men myself. My husband is 6'2" and even though I'm 5'7" it's still ackward for me to reach up and kiss him. I had an ex, he was 5'6" and I loved his height. When we kissed it wasn't ackward and our bodies fit better. Now... I love my husband, but do prefer shorter men. I always find myself standing on the stairs to kiss him or having to wear high heels.

ya, having a shorter man can be a great thing. my boyfriend is over a foot taller tahn me, and dancing is just pretty much outta the question, he has to like lean over so much and i have to go on my tippy toes just to kiss. also, people often think he is much older than me, and almost look at him as though hes a creep because i look more like im 15 or 16 and he loosk like hes 21 around. even though we are both 18. youre doing good, just let him know it doesnt matter. and there are so many advantages of having a shorter guy. and its not like hes taller than you right?

Easy for you to say Nicorrette your dating the Canadian Shaquile O'Neal...

hahaha, the current guy I'm dating is also 6'5 but I have dated short guys and been equally attracted to them, so as far as female opinion goes, many of us really don't care about height. I know a few females that are really picky about that, but then guys don't ever seem to care for their personalities anyways so I guess it works out.

Nicorrette is right though. Being tall can have it's disadvantages...I look so little compared to my boyfriend and people tease us about it all the time. I think it's cute, but it would be nice to be able to kiss someone without standing on tip toes and still needing them to bend over.

Guys are definitely sensitive about their height. I know several of my guy friends occasionally make comments about being short, and I can definitely tell that they hate being short. Although I'm short as well, so I never really notice guys' heights.. they're all tall to me

Well, i was thinking that if I end up marrying my boyfriend, he'd fit right into my family because my dad, brother and brother in law are all not very tall. Maybe my dad's the tallest, but he's less than 5'8" i think.

As someone said earlier, he and I fit each other well. He likes putting his arm around my shoulder because with his ex, it was awkward since they were the same height. Blah! I'm better than his ex

I'm 5'10" and I'm pretty sensitive about my height. My brothers and dad are all 6'.

It really bothers me when girls say they want guys that are over a certain height (or penis size, or strength/weight etc etc etc). That really shouldn't matter.

The ONLY clearcut preference I have for women is that they are healthy and take care of themselves.

I'm 5'10" and I'm pretty sensitive about my height. My brothers and dad are all 6'.

It really bothers me when girls say they want guys that are over a certain height (or penis size, or strength/weight etc etc etc). That really shouldn't matter.

The ONLY cearcut preference I have for women is that they are healthy and take care of themselves.

I think it's because girls feel ackward when they feel taller than the man. I don't know. I would wear heels and be taller, the guy liked it. I thought he would feel funny about it, but he could care less.

Well how tall are you?

Would you rule someone out just because you won't get to stand on your tippy toes to give him a kiss?

I mean I can understand a girl not wanting to be taller then their boyfriend/husband. I would rather not be shorter than my girlfriend/wife, but I certainly wouldn't rule someone out because of their height.