looking for advice about LDR over the summer

my boyfriend and i have been together for almost three years. Things have been good however we usually fight alot when we are apart. this summer I have an oppurtunity to go work in west africa and won't see him for two months. I am very afraid of missing him and even more afraid of growing apart especially since i won't be able to talk to him every day. I love this person more than anything in the world and I am afraid that if i go away i may be jepordizing my relationship. Should i go away for the summer and hope everything works out when i get back or should I give up this great oppurtunity to ensure my relationship is ok.

i dont think you should stop yourself from going away. if he loves you he will understand..

from my personal experience you should never put someone before your self..

i was in a LDR (he was in the military) i had a chance to go away to school and he told me if i went away it would be harder for us to see each other when he came home... so i stayed home and went to a community college.. i didnt see him for over 6months and things didnt end up working out.

i regret it so much and i dont want you regreting going on a one in a lifetime oppunity to africa.. in the end its your decision..

2 months is not that long at all.. hopefully it will bring you closer together..

well personally I think you should take this opportunity. africa wow!

It's only two months, if the relationship gets messed up because of it, it couldnt' have been that strong to begin with.

3 years you two have been together. This is a great opportunity,(he must see that right?) if your hearts are both in the right place, the two of you together can make it work & maybe even bring you two closer together.