Forever single?

I am 23 years old and have never had a boyfriend. I've been on dates before, but usually after date 2 i never hear from the guy again. All of my dates have been blind dates... I have never gotten to know a guy and had him ask me out or have a stranger ask me out or anything exciting like that.

I don't know why... the thing is I have lots and lots of close friends and none of them understand why i don't have a boyfriend. I know i'm fun to be around. My friends say I'm very funny and I'm usually having a great time, telling stories, and laughing. I can also be serious and I have my master's degree and like deep conversations. My boss, a 28 year old male, even told me the other day that I am so much fun to talk to and that we should talk once a week because i'm so much fun. I just don't get it! If all my friends think I'm so wonderful, why don't guys see this?! Oh, I'm not ugly or anyting either. I'm not beautiful, but I'm attractive enough to get hit on. Most guys would describe me as "cute." What do you think? I'm worried I'll never find anyone. I don't think i NEED a man, but I sure would like one!

Where and how do you suggest I do this?? I don't want to meet someone online and most of my friends and friends' boyfriends don't have any single male friends. I've only gone on dates with other relatively smart guys, so I don't think I was intimidating or anything... and I usually keep conversations fairly light. Hmm. suggestions?

Oh, I bet you are wonderful and many guys would be intensely happy to find you. So never doubt that.

Well, I can try and help. Try is the Big word here. lol.

Make it a priority. Just like work/school/friends/whatever else is important to you. Have blocks of time scheduled specifically for socializing, going to new places, and keeping an eye out for potentials.

What do you do for fun? What are your interests? Do you go out on your own and do things?

In every situation, look at it as an opportunity to meet men. This might sound funny, but it works. It's a 'goal' just like any other. Say hi to all that you meet. Chat them up. If one appeals to you, ask him for his number or invite him out.

You could meet your future bf anywhere. You have to really 'put yourself out there' if you want to increase your chances.

Do you have anyone in mind now? Can you think of a few places to try where you might find interesting men?

My problem is that my hobby is working. I've been going to school and working nights and weekends since high school. I will be starting a normal work schedule in September, but I don't know what to do for a hobby... I like work. I like going out with people from work after work. In my spare time I like picking up extra shifts at my waitressing job.

I am not good at sports and honestly don't enjoy them... so joining a sports team or whatever for fun really doesn't appeal to me at all. I like reading and writing but I've taken some writing classes for fun and have been so different from the people in them... I didn't seem to fit in with them. I'm an odd girl, I know this. I hear the phrases "you're silly", "you're funny," and "you're a little weird, but i love you" just about every day.

Do you look desperate if you ask out a guy? I like a guy at work. He is only 20, but turns 21 in a few weeks and i told him that my friends and i would take him out for his 21st birthday... he and i have never hung out before but he agreed. Do you think there's a way to make this turn into something? I don't know where you find interesting men. Most of my friends are in relationships so when we go out they aren't looking for men. So,aside from going out alone, whihc seems maybe unsafe? I have no clue!!! I bet I could talk to the next 100 men I meet and not one would ask me for my phone number. Why is this??? I'm not down on myself... I'm actually quite happy with myself, but experience has taught me that even if I can have fun tlaking to a guy for a long time, he never asks for my number.

Hey, have you taken a spin around this forum yet? There are all sorts of men saying how much they would love it if a woman would ask for their number.

I'm not saying every single one will, but lots won't care. Some even find it flattering.

All I can say is that it has worked for me. I don't think it looks desperate. It shows that I am a woman who knows what I want, and I'm not afraid to ask. Besides, waiting for men to make the first move all the time would leave me to choose only amongst those who wanted me first. Sometimes I see someone I like who just doesn't know me yet, y'know?

I think you'll get some good insight from reading your own posts. You spend most of your time working: so you aren't exposed or showing you have the time for a bf.

You gotta make time if it is important to you.

That's cool about that guy from work. See how the party goes. If you two get along great - why not ask him out, just the two of you - sometime?

good luck. I'll open the floor for others to comment too. lol.

Well maybe you might want to take action instead of just waiting. Sometimes the old fashion "Waiting till the handsome prince knocks on your door" doesn't happen and you would have to do the talking yourself. Just wondering, how about you doing the asking out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would definitely ask for numbers or a date if I were you. The problem is that you may be too busy, between work and school there isn't much time for anything else. Also dating people you work with is never really a good idea due to the potential problems that can happen. I would check online. You don't have to go online to meet the man of your dreams, I specifically look for girls that aren't looking to get serious, more friends sort of thing. I am just not ready for that right now, and honestly I feel that if we meet as friends something more could turn out, or I might meet new people that could develop into something, rather that than replying to a girl that states she wants to get married right away to this or that, etc... I have gone on 3 dates so far, 2 were nice and we have gone out some more and I still look because after meeting them and talking I realized that I didn't want to develop anything more with them -and I didn't feel bad. We enjoy each others company for now and it is pretty laid back. You don't have to put up your own ad, just respond to others, you might be surprised, you might regret it but either way you will be getting out there and opening up your horizons.