Just a question: isn't it true that when taking birth control it is ok to miss a period sugar pill? I am meticulous about my pills and have never missed, except once and it was one of the placebo pills. I didn't even think about it becuase I could swear I remember my doctor saying they are just there to maintain the habit & give you extra iron.

I guess lately I've been having second thoughts because I've been having more sex than I did before. I'm also wondering - the other night my boyfriend (who uses condoms every time & checks them all) and I had sex four different times and today I feel almost crampy in the uterus area, almost like a period. Could that be because I'm relatively new to sex? I know with all these precautions it's nearly impossibele to get pregnant. I'm just really confused!

Thansks in advance

Sugar pills are sugar pills, there is nothing in them that is acutally involved in the mechanism of the birth control pill. Some contain iron, some don't, depends on the pill brand.

So, as long as you are taking the pills that actually contain the hormones in them as directed, you are fine if you miss, or don't take the sugar pills. I was on the pill 10 years and never took the sugar pills at all.

It really does not matter if you have more or less sex, there will always be a chance of pregnancy, but you are lowering it a lot by taking the pill, and even more so by using condoms.

A week from Tuesday. The pill has made my period incredibly regular so this would be too early for it to be PMS. I don't know if this might be gas or something - it's weird. I can't imagine, on top of everything else, that this could be a symptom of pregnancy so early!

If you use condoms and the pill regularly, your chance of being pregnant is less than .5%. You probably just have a tummy ache of some sort But if it bothers you for more than a few days, go get checked out by the doc just to be sure.

PMS actually normally occurs about a week or so before, so that could be the case actually. Or you could just be sore from sex. Just try to go easy for a while and you should be alright