Hi everyone, need some advice.

I recently met a nice guy, we have a lot in common, he's very repectful, has a great personality, interested in me and what I have to say. There's just one thing, he's 42 and never been married. I'm not quite sure how I feel about this (I'm 31). One side of me says age doesn't matter, the other side is saying, why is this guy 42 and never been married? I've asked the advice of someof my friends here's what they have said:

Guy friends: they are shocked that I would even think it, they think he is probably some kind of perv trying to date someone 10 years younger. They said I should be very wary of him.

Girl friends: Think I should give him a chance, say it might be good for me because he has been through things and may not be as immature as some of the guys I have been dating.

What do you guys think? Thanks!!

Hi everyone, need some advice.

he's 42 and never been married. I'm not quite sure how I feel about this (I'm 31). One side of me says age doesn't matter, the other side is saying, why is this guy 42 and never been married? I've asked the advice of someof my friends here's what they have said:

I didn't get married until I was 40 because I was always very busy w/ work (50-60 hrs a week) and very active.

All that matters is if YOU like him.

Girl friends: Think I should give him a chance, say it might be good for me because he has been through things and may not be as immature as some of the guys I have been dating.

It may just be my own rotten luck, but I've never found that age has anything at all to do with maturity. There are PLENTY of older guys who are VERY immature. He might really be an okay guy... but just don't think that he's gonna automatically be mature just because he's older.

What matters is how you feel about him. I'm 39 and I have never been married, though I was in a 10 year relationship that was like a marriage.

Don't let age be the determining factor in whether or not you want to pursue a relationship with him. Get to know him for who he is and find out if you two are compatible.