Never had to be the aggressive one before...

First I want to say hi since i haven't been on here in a while. Ok, I met a really nice guy (for once) about 2 months ago. He's very sweet & very caring which is not something I'm used to. Anyway..... all the other guys I've ever dated were very aggressive & I usually had to be the one to try to slow things down a bit. Well with this new guy, he pretty much told me whenever I'm ready to move on to the next step, it's up to me. How do I get things past the kissing good night stage? I'm not used to this!

"It's up to you?" = GOOD SIGN. Hold onto him, and welcome to the Land Of Dating Guys Who Are Actually Respectful..good call!

When you are kissing him, start using your hands to turn it into a more intense making out session. Feel 'im up basically. Kiss his neck. Breathe a little more loudly than usual..and at some point, ask him if he'd be more comfortable on the sofa/bed etc ;-) If he's said it's up to you, he means it. Good luck!

well congrats coz u got urself some good guy there. my current bf is like that, he didnt even kiss me until i did it the first time coz he said he wanted me to be comfortable . its a very good theing actually coz guys are usually the ones who take the sexual initiatives. anyway the problem with the sweet type guy is that YOU'll have to take it a step further EVERY TIME. so if he doesnt take further sexual advances with you dont be discouraged or annoyed. he just wants you to be ready for every step you make. you know most guys are usually ready ANYTIME!

right - I say he's just a bit on the shy side but would take your cues well.

Just re-read Antilove's post. I think she's got some good tips in there.

Using your hands, even putting them on the back of his neck or head can send the same sexy message without taking it to the naked level right away.

Yes, what the others say. Basically, you can have your way with this man. Explore his body with your hands, kiss him, let him know how sexy he is to you.....I think he'd eat it up.

You do what is comfortable for you and the level you want to take it to. It doesn't get much better than that. Have fun!