hesitant about taking the intiative...should I or should I wait for him????

I met this guy about 1 month ago--a group of us hang out once a week at this bar. I sensed perhaps some interest/flirting on his part initially, but a month has passed and he hasn't asked me out or said anything, but we do always see each other each week, same place/time. We usually end of talking alot, and he seems to pay alot of attention to me. I sense he's shy maybe unsure....a few weeks ago, as we were both leaving the bar, he took my hand and kissed it as a way of goodbye. The other night, he and I were pretty much the last of the group to leave, and we sat at the bar for a while and talked...and he said he'd be away for a few weeks visiting family. I'm definetely gun shy when it comes to asking men out, and I'm extremely sensitive to rejection ,esp. when I know I'd see him at these weekly get togethers......He's straight, he's single......he may not be "the one" for me, but I'm intrigued, and at least want to be alone with him!!

tips/suggestions/feedback welcome and appreciated!

i agree with mun. doing nothing gets you nothing. he may simply not know of your interest and see you as just a friend. let him know you are interested, it may come as a complete surprise to him and turn out to be something great. or he could not be interested, and then you just move on.

You should do what you're most comfortable with. If you really like this guy and are getting frustrated that he's not making a move, then make the move yourself. But if deal with the uncertainty, then I'd wait and see what he does. I'm of the mind that you should wait and see. I do believe that guys can be shy, but when they want something, they go for it.