Can we do anything four days later?

Hi I need some help. Four days ago my girlfriend had unprotected sex. I was away for a while and for whatever reason she didn't tell me she stopped taking birth control. So now we're freaking out. We must be too late for the morning after pill, is there anything we can do besides just sit and wait?

I was away for a while and for whatever reason she didn't tell me she stopped taking birth control

Did she give you a reason WHY she would do that?

How old are the 2 of you? How long have you been together? How has your relationship been otherwise? It does almost sound like a trap- or at the very least- a way to get attention from you. Needless to say, whatever the reason- that is very irresponsible for her to do and not tell you or use a back-up method of birth control.

I hope she is not pregnant. I do think it's too late for the morning after pill. Have her call the doctor to find out about the copper IUD or any other options.

BellaDonna

I just went back and read some of your other posts about this girl. This is seeming more and more like a "trap". The relationship has been rocky and this might be her idea of your "payback" for her still being hurt over the idea of you having sex with a friend of hers.

How long did she wait before she actually told you about that fact that she didn't take her pill?

BellaDonna

Um, she just "stopped" taking birth control and decided not to tell you? That is VERY fishy.

As another poster pointed out, copper IUD's can be inserted up to 5 days after intercourse, however depending on her age, STI history/risk, they may not be as eager to put one in (it you have recurring infections or STI's, you can become more exposed to having them travel into your reproductive system with an IUD). This is also why they prefer to only give them to those in long term relationships.

MAP "may" work, but it's most effective period (up to 72 hours) has lapsed. While some studies show it can work longer, it is usually not prescribed for after the 72 hours.

I am not sure she would even go get something if she could, if she is doing it on purpose, maybe she waited to tell you until the time lapsed she could?

You are going to have to wait and see.

Anyway, I also find this also very suspect. This is very irresponsible and stupid behaviour.

Did she give you a reason WHY she would do that?

How old are the 2 of you? How long have you been together? How has your relationship been otherwise? It does almost sound like a trap- or at the very least- a way to get attention from you. Needless to say, whatever the reason- that is very irresponsible for her to do and not tell you or use a back-up method of birth control.

I hope she is not pregnant. I do think it's too late for the morning after pill. Have her call the doctor to find out about the copper IUD or any other options.

BellaDonna

This happened on Saturday, and she told me late last night (Tuesday). She's really scared about it and at this point I don't care if it's was a trap or not, i just need to do something. We had sex three times and for the first two I was wearing a condom but not on the third (thinking she was on birth control), and I told her. She's telling me the reason she waited till now to tell me was because she wasn't sure if I was wearing one on the last time and didn't want worry me... yeah this is sounds bad I know, that's still not the point. And she wants ME to find her "something", this keeps sounds worse and worse doesn't it? Arg, but she's really scared and I'm so freaked out people on the train are asking me if I'm okay. I have to be on campus till two, and I'm meeting her at three. We've been on and off for something like three years and I think i know her pretty well, I really don't think she'd do this to get back at me, it's still not the point. Sorry, I'm really freaked out.

Do you have a campus nurse/medical centre she can go too? Or call a Planned Parenthood today to get in.

After this many days, options are limited, but she can talk to them and discuss if there is anything (like the copper IUD).

Good luck, let us know how things go. Sounds like even if she was "not thinking" at time, she is having a return of judgement now. I just hope it will end up okay and just be a precautionary tale and learning experience, and you'll be lucky this time.

Do you have a campus nurse/medical centre she can go too? Or call a Planned Parenthood today to get in.

After this many days, options are limited, but she can talk to them and discuss if there is anything (like the copper IUD).

Good luck, let us know how things go. Sounds like even if she was "not thinking" at time, she is having a return of judgement now. I just hope it will end up okay and just be a precautionary tale and learning experience, and you'll be lucky this time.

I've called a doctor someone gave me the number for and they told me nothing can be done at this point. I will call plant planned parenthood in an hour, after final. I really hope it's a false alarm, I don't know maybe I'm over reacting because I have a lot on my plate right now.