Hello all, I'm so pissed off\totally embarrassed right about now, I got a hemeroid. I don't know what the hell to do, and it really stings. Do they go away by themselfs? {Please God please!} or is this something I have to get looked at by a doctor...*cry* So embarr * * *ing. {Well if you don't laugh you cry ya' know?}

I'm sorry to bug people with this embarrassing problem, but I don't want to tell anybody else if I can bloody well avoid it. {So I post it on the World Wide Web? Go figure.} Does anyone know what the best way to handle this is?

Thanks

-Gunther

Hey! well this problem does suck! I've never had one so I don't know, but my best friend had one, and I believe she got preperation H (hemmeroide cream) from the store, it should go away. If not then yes, you WILL have to go to the doctor. ugh, I pray you don't!!! but look it up on Google. They'll give you way more advice and help!

good luck

This is not as bad as you think. People get them quite often. They can be internal or external. If you get a flare-up, use the ointments available for the treatment. You can get them by sitting on the toilet for an entended period of time, pushing with great force for a boewl movement, and you can also be born with them.

Oh good lord, well I got some info off the web {thankyou Bill Gates for the web} and I've taken two baby asprin and took a hot bath...just gonna take a couple asprin every few hours like it sais on the bottle, get some sleep {to minimize pressure to the tush} and pray that my bum gets better.

If it's not better in two days {maybe counting today maybe not depending how I feel when 'the moment' comes} Then I guess I'll have to tell my mom *shudders* I thought only old people got these damn things! Then hopefully I'll get some sort of cream or something....bah. If not then more drastic{sp?} measures will have to be taken...oh good lord. Never even thought something like this was possible...In the words of John Cleece: "What a stupid problem to have, yes it's a valid problem, but it's so stupid!" *sigh* thanks bunches mates you've been very helpful

I first got them when I was 14!

If yours is from the inside like mine was GENTLY push it inside. This worked for me. A lot of times I didn't need to get any medication.

Try eating more vegetables and that will help to stop the problem.

• 1 month later...
Then I guess I'll have to tell my mom *shudders*

I don't think this is necessary, if you can book an appointment with a doctor yourself and go there discretely. Might save you some embarrassment.

Guardsmen, some of the above posts might help, see a doctor if creams don't fix it up.

How did this thread get so many pageviews anyway?

The best thing I have tried is preparation H suppositories combined with Tucks medcated pads.This works wonders.Follow the directons is all.And dont lift heavy stuff or strain.Bleeding ones seem to heal faster for myself.Its pretty upsetting tho.They will go away faster with treatment.

• 1 month later...

It is nothing to be ashamed of. It is a medical condition. My Wife also had the problem right after our Son was born. A lot of people have the problem.

Go to your local drug store and purchase a box of 2"X2" steril pads and a bottle of Witch Hazel. Any druggist worth a damn will tell you the same thing and, perhaps, what to do with them. Prep H doesn't work any better. I hope this info is useful to everyone who googles this thread.

I am not a doctor. I can't even spell hemeroid. Please do not construe this post as medical advice. I would suggest that you contact a doctor about your problem as it might be a much more serious condition.