When does "dating" someone become a relationship?

I'm in a similar situation...and this question has passed through my head as well. I'll have to agree with the other posters, the boyfriend/girlfriend status starts when you both agree on it.

Sometimes I miss how dating was like in middle school...you see a boy you think is cute, you come up with enough guts to walk up to him and say "Will you go out with me?" and BAM you're known as an official couple. Those were the days...

I'm in a similar situation...and this question has passed through my head as well. I'll have to agree with the other posters, the boyfriend/girlfriend status starts when you both agree on it.

Sometimes I miss how dating was like in middle school...you see a boy you think is cute, you come up with enough guts to walk up to him and say "Will you go out with me?" and BAM you're known as an official couple. Those were the days...

I wouldn't know about the middle school part, because well, I never had the priviledge of having such a thing... Still haven't, actually. But yeah, if things are gonna get more complicated, I think I'm gonna just throw the towel...

I want a relationship but he doesnt want one right now. BUT we do not see other people but we are not an "item" soooooo bothersome!!!

Try doing the same thing...but for ...oh about 7 months, except I'm the guy and she's the one deathly afraid of being in a serious relationship. Take it from me...keep seeing other people, because until the time comes, you don't want to be the one waiting on him because he may never come around. Personally, I think since he doesn't want a relationship(unless he's stated why and you believe him), it's because he likes you etc, but he still thinks there could be "someone better" possibly. That's why you shouldn't sit and wait...it may never become a true relationship, and that's what I've accepted with what situation I'm in right now. Good luck

StinkWeed....

Just a bit of constructive criticism....

The name "Stinkweed' is not EXACTLy "alluring' if you catch my drift....

Goes with my personality... Jk.

It's not meant to be alluring really, though. The only thing in this world that is perhaps meant to be alluring to everyone is gold (and money I guess... to most people). And it's not my fault my parents picked this name for me jk again...

Bah, I'm feelin a little better already

I want a relationship but he doesnt want one right now. BUT we do not see other people but we are not an "item" soooooo bothersome!!!

I don't know it sounds like it's kind of a hassle...who wants a hassle. At this point you might be feeling like...look man, either you dig me or you don't...no?

But I understand the thought of not liking labels, I'm not to big on labelling things either, be it my/our "feelings" or "relationship status", or whatever else.

However it sounds like your guy is actively avoiding committing to anything, including being in BF/GF status...

Good Luck!