Ah...any opinions?

I am certainly going to do a test on Friday (I have no opportunity to buy one before then), but in the meantime, I'd appreciate any input.

I was diagnosed with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome last year, a common aspect of which is irregular periods. So, not having a regular cycle didn't bother me that much, it's to be expected with the condition I have.

In about February, the relationship I currently have with my boyfriend definitely progressed sexually (we'd been sleeping together but not having full sex since November, although we had done a fair bit else including ejaculation outside the body. In February, it moved decidedly forward, which was a GOOD thing).

From November 2005 through to February 5th 2006 I'd been having a period every month. Not at precisely the same date, but roughly. But I havn't had one since then.

In addition, I've been tired much more easily than usual of late. I used to need very little sleep. Definitely need more these days, and I have bouts of nausea that feel like indigestion except they are more random. (Not that often, though).

Whenever we've had intercourse we've used a condom, completely in accordance with instructions as far as I/he know/s. But I know they fail 3% of the time, and although I don't recall incidences where we did anything else that may have resulted in pregnancy, we/'d make out for hours etc at night and who remembers everything when they are semi-sleepy and it's in that somewhat soupy, hazy-ness of being with someone you adore?

This is the semi ironic part I guess, but 7 days ago I started taking combined oral contraceptive as I wanted a safer and more spontaeneous method.

Hopefully my current situation is due to PCOS or stress or whatever, otherwise it's a case of "bolting the stable door after the horse has gone" or something along those lines.

Yeah well..crikey. Hopefully not pregnant.

There are other early indicators too. More frequent urination, food aversions and/or cravings, increased sensitivity to odours, breast soreness. Do you have all or any of those? AFAIK, the nausea associated with pregnancy can come and go quite quickly and for most isn't a general state of affairs. Typically in the morning, but not always. My ex wife with one child tended to throw up whenever a diesel bus or truck drove by with significant exhaust smoke.

Best way of course is to have the test as you plan to. At least you'll know with a high degree of certainty one way or another.

Okay, I know this sounds stupid but if you're pregnant I'm seriously going to be more reserved about my own sexual habits. If you've been using protection correctly and this has happened then that worries me to no end, if I were to get someone pregnant my life would be over. And I'm not even slightly joking when I say that.

Okay, I know this sounds stupid but if you're pregnant I'm seriously going to be more reserved about my own sexual habits. If you've been using protection correctly and this has happened then that worries me to no end, if I were to get someone pregnant my life would be over. And I'm not even slightly joking when I say that.
Well it's about time you figured that out.. I know a lot of people who got pregnant on birth control/protection. And not just pill BC which is easy to forget.

I was 19 when I got pregnant with my first child. He is now 8. We used condoms.

Im no doctor, but when you started taking birth control pills didnt they test you for pregnancy? If you are pregnant and taking those pills I dont think its healthy for the baby thats in there.

Reason I'd think they would test you is because when I went to the doctor asking for Birth control pills they tested me to rule out pregnancy before starting the pills..