how do i make myself responsible?

i need help on being responsable, im going on 19, and i lose things all the time, (ie. money) and im sooo lazy, and im going to univsersity in september, all by myself, no parents no noone to help me! i cant be like this anymore! and i need these last few months to learn to be 100% independent, i know its an experience thing, its not like you can take lessons for it. but any suggestions? any experiences that made you more independent? HELP ME PLEASE!

I am a junior in college and I was JUST like that when I came to school. Honestly, the only way to beat those habits is waiting until you are forced to live on your own. At first, the transition is difficult. But, after a while, learning through experience, everything just clicks.

I used to leave my purse in stores every time I went out, lose my credit cards, lose money, keys...etc. I still do from time to time. But, I am much more responsible now. After living on your own, you will be too! Don't worry.

You'll learn mostly by living by yourself. I've just had about a year of College and this helped me a great deal become more responsible. All it takes is clear thinking and the oppurtunity to do things by yourself for a change. You'll do fine. Good luck.

well, you can't really teach someone to be independent, but you can learn how to be more organized. first, clean your room. put all your school work together, put all your financial records in another pile, etc. get some file folders.

next, set some goal, and write up a schedule. like, if you'd like to lose some weight or get a job, write out a schedule to help. ie, wake up at 8 AM. exercise from 8:30-9:30 AM. shower, get ready, eat breakfast until 10:30 AM, then leave the house and look for a job until 1:30 PM, play on the computer until 2:30 PM... etc....

get a wallet and keep all your money in it. read some books on finances. I have a good one, something called, "finances for busy people." it's pretty basic, talks about how to design a budget....

good luck

Organization and holding yourself accountable are key.

For example: with the losing money deal. Have your budget, the cash you need, organized, then if you lose the money by forgetting your purse: don't rely on back up. No money 'cause you lost it. Now you need to find that purse or you have to think of something else!

While at Uni, try to ween yourself off your parents support. Uni is still a structured environment. Becoming independent takes time.

The thing I wish I could tell my 19 yr old self as far as being sucessful independently is:

Learn stress management! No joke!

Being able to calm oneself, understand that most things are not worth getting upset about or taking to someone else for help (we all need a hand, but I'm speaking of taking care of our own business). Plan so that stress does not become overwelming.

Plans and organization really are the key. You'll be fine. You'll learn like all of us do - through experience.

HA at lost I can help some one yeepppeee

OK this is what i did, like me you ya head leaks things you must do so

1: get a note book or fileofax (digital or paper)

2: Dont lose it keep it with you all the time

3: Put down every thing you need to do with reminders the day befor.

4: Every morning read it find out what you have to do.

5: Make a back up for when you lose it.

once you get into the habbet of using and arginaser you will find your mind

doing it, its self.

Me I have a PDA/Phone that backs up to me laptop.

It has a camira so I can take pics to remind me where some where is.

and a Dictaphone so I can record vioce notes.

and best of all It Pings to remind me when I should be doing some thing.

well thats what I did