how would you feel...

Well, first of all, you don't yet know what it is if no one was tested, so don't panic. But definitely get tested as soon as you can, as many STI's show no symptoms but can lead to infertility. And if you have one, it's not uncommon to have another one at least too.

If I found out someone gave me an STI "unknowingly" I would first of all be upset, I won't deny that. I assume I would of been using protection, but many STI's are transferred even with condoms, so there is no guarantee. I would be very upset, but if we had protected ourselves, and I honestly believed they had it unknowingly (and they had NOT deceived me by saying they were tested clean) then we would work through it and research it and treat ourselves as best we could I would hope.

However, if they had deceived me (ie lied about being tested clean) I would be very angry, and send them and their infectious "friends" away! And hope it was something I could treat effectively.

In high school, I had an ex whom dumped me for another girl (not sure if he cheated or not...) but he caught a lovely case of crabs from her as she did not disclose it to him....easily treated, and sweet revenge for me, but you can never be too sure...so ALWAYS protect yourself and try to know your partner as best you can before sleeping together. And get tested first too!

Neva, I totally agree. People aren't sensitive about this. I have been made fun of and laughed at because of this by my friends. They are doing it is as a joke but it is a serious problem. I have been reading up on STDs and they are not something to joke about. Chlamydia alone can cause me to be infertile..how is that funny? I cant even begin to imagine the side affects and complications from other diseases that I havent even looked into. There is a girl that I used to be friends with that has Herpes and my other friends joke about that all the time. I just dont understand it and probably never will. With so many other things, people need to think before they speak. ok..I'll get off the soap box now

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...