Last night i had a dream about him...

Hello everyone,

Thanks for your help and support. I had a really bad day yesterday, and got a lot of encoragement here, thanks!!!

Last night i had a dream about my ex and i saw him very happy with his new love. In that dream i noticed hatred in his eyes when he looked at me as I saw them leaving(they were holding each other's hands).

I am crying as I am typing here. Today is bad again. I want to forget him but i can not. I work out, i read, i do all the good things but still it is not helping that much. I can not stop idealizing him.

I am just tired of this continous heartache.

Once again i want to thank you for your kind words, it really helps.

Hi there,

I am so sorry you are hurting right now. I feel that dreams are a way for your brain to sort things that happen in real life, your brain trying to make sense of things and also kind of like a release.

Things are premature. It is too soon for you to feel better. Give yourself time. It is said there are 5 stages of grief.

1. Depression

2. Anger

3. Bargining

4. Acceptance

5. Denial

A person may revert back and forth to each stage. But all of these stages are normal and essential for you heal and move on. Let yourself experience all the emotions, it will help you get them out of your system, instead of bottling them inside. It is great you are trying to stay busy. That will help a lot. Rejection is a horrible feeling. However, feeling pain can make a person stronger, wiser and brings forth change.

Keep posting here. Hang in there, things will get better. I promise. Give yourself time, everyone heals at his/her own pace.

(((hugs)))

It takes a long time to fully get over an ex, people will tell you it's just a matter of time. And you know, they're right. I've moronic dreams involving one or another ex partner before and it always makes you feel either your mind or some deity is trying to screw with you.

As I said, it takes time.

hey, i need help, try talking yourself into doing something empowering in your dreams next time, when you see him with a new girl, you could just smile and be nice to both of them like it doesn't matter....and then walk away....don't let it hurt you....good luck i know how difficult it can be....

i used to have really difficult dreams about my ex all the time, and i mean for several years, it was like being constantly plagued by them. i started thinking about what happens if one time i stay strong and don't take him back (just like i did in real life..)? and eventually started dreaming that he'd show up and i would be conflicted, but in the end would walk away...which is actually what i did in real life years ago, just now my dreams are catching up.

I think you deal with, in dreams, what you are afraid to deal with awake. Remember it's just a dream, based on your fears and not real. Your fears aren't real, unless you think they are. Just keep telling yourself that they are just fears and not always reasonable or logical.