Guys - how long could you go without sex and still enjoy masturbating??

I'm going through a bad patch when it comes to intimacy in my relationship. basically my bf doesn't feel like sex. there's never a right time. i'm not trying to seduce him anymore because its hurtful when you get rejected. initiallly, when this started, i was angry because i know he masturbates but doesn't want sex. Now i've come to understand that the two are comletely differant. i'm just wondering though - if your in a relationship with someone you love, how good can it be just to masturbate daily with no other form of intimacy?

i have a high sex drive and it's getting really boring for me now

Most normal men will rather have sex than masturbate. That's the last time i'm going to use that word. Yes, it's different, but personally, in a relationship, no need for it, as it's readily available from the partner, unless it';s not readily available, in which case i'd masturbate. Did that help. I bet it didnt. But I enjoyed throwing my $0.0000002 in anyways.

Ok here goes...

I have a girlfriend, however if she is not around and I need some sort of release I will masturbate.

If she is around and is not up for it (i.e. too tired, which is rare) or if she’s on her period, she will help me or I will sort myself out. It’s mutual.

i.e. Sex > Masturbation

I think you might have a problem here, especially as he keeps spurning your needs.

Next time he rejects you, ask him when is the right time and talk to him to find out what is going on.

Good luck.

K

I don't know about "normal" men but I find there is a balance with both. To answer he original question, after a couple of weeks of helping myself, a couple of weeks would be all I could stand without having sex. Totally different when not in a relationship of course where sex may not be possible.

There could be an issue here. He should want sex at least once in a while. The fact he is masturbating indicates he does have some desire or need for a sexual release. The fact he doesn't want to be intimate with you is a bit worrisome.

Is this something you've talked about? If not, you should. If you have, perhaps you need to step up the conversation a notch and find out if there is something bothering him about it all.

To play the devil's advocate:

Self pleasuring is fast, easy, you always get what you want, you don't have to work hard, it's not messy or sweaty (depending), you don't have to worry about the afterglow, nor about consequences (pregnancy), you don't have to talk or coddle or cuddle or appease or listen to anyone, you can think about any fantasy you want.

But on the other hand, in my opinion, the greatest turn on is to see a partner completely letting go in extreme ecstasy and knowing you were the one to take her there.

The deeper issue is about the status of the relationship, being able to be honest in communicating and not the behaviour itself.

Is this something you've talked about? If not, you should. If you have, perhaps you need to step up the conversation a notch and find out if there is something bothering him about it all.

Agreed. Most bed room problems can be solved, or are caused by, a lack of communication. There could be any number of reasons that he doesn't want to have sex with you, it's possible that maybe he does have a sex drive but is having erectile problems and is embarrased.

yeah thanks for all of that, really helpful. it's not an errectile problem. we have talked and he says it's because he's put weight on and feels disgusting whilst being intimate. i feel desperate and dirty (in a bad way) when he's told me this so i'm kind of in a situation where i cant say anymore on it