a while ago, i've decided i am insane. i was reading my favorite book prozac nation and i decided that i'm insane or way too depressed. whenever my bf doesn't call me i think that he hates me, and whenever he does call me, i think that he likes me too much and he's too clingy and i want to get rid of him. i don't want to be like this. all i really want in life is to just settle down with a nice husband and have kids and have a meaningful relationship. i know i'm only a junior, but i still want to have a stable relationship. and i really like this guy. i know he likes me too, but i can't help from thinking that he doesn't whenever he doesn't call every two seconds! HELP!

hello! let me intriduce myself, im lou! u can contact me anytime if you feel u want a chat about things! now down to busness!

I personally think ur suffering from insecurity, you sound like you wana be loved by this guy, but on the other hand you still wana be young and single? depending on what age you are, because i dont know who i am talking to, but from what uve sed ur youngish, and maybe ur not ready for settling down and commitment? and do you really like this guy as much as you wud like to think? i suggest you think about what you personally want in life, dont worry about wen he dusnt call, he is still interested thats jus a guys way of playing hard to get, or by making you want him more, and by the sounds of things its working! spend some more time with friends, and if you do really liek this guy enought to settle down then u will know about it!

dont be insecure if he dusnt fone! and if in doubt fone him! i hope ive helped! luv n hugs, hope it goes well for you! xx

Sorry to hear you're so unhappy. "Insane" is too harsh a word to use for yourself, so put your mind at ease. An insane person is incapable of consistent or rational thoughts.... However, it sounds like you do have some emotional issues that would benefit from counseling and maybe medication, especially the depression, which is often characterized by low self-worth and mood swings.

You ought to read the thread by 'toddb,' a male member of this site who is suffering from a girl very much like yourself. So, at least you can get to see the other side of this, and maybe get more insight into your behavior and feelings.

I'm not a psychologist, but I think part of your struggle relates to an unwillingness to let someone get too close to you, because you are afraid that he would reject or hurt the real you, once he know you. Another issue is just an exaggeration of something very natural: we all are unique individuals, and when 2 individuals try to go through life together, it's expected that you will "bump" up against other...some people bump too hard and break up...other bump too hard and bounce so far off each other than they move apart. They person you will share your life with will bump against you, letting you know he's there, but will not bump too hard or bounce too far. That's the guy you need. So, in less abstract terms, it's someone who tolerates and loves the aspects of you that are most agonizing, like your mood swings, and does not leave you for it. A married friend once told me that the things he loves most about his wife are also related to the things he hates the most about her. To get a better understanding of what I mean, you really ought to read toddb's topic.

Best of luck to ya!