Im in love with my best friend

Shes really cool

and i met her my freshman year and weve become really close

and i finally fell for her

and for a while weve been kissing for fun and stuff

nothing serious

but then she found this other guy and she really liked him and she told me she hooked up with him

and it sucked so much but i sucked it up cuz i knew that i am her best friend first

and i shoulnd't like her like that

and then at prom we went with different people

and i saw her kiss one of my friends (her date)

and i couldn't take it i thought i was gonna cry on the dance floor

i think im gonna tell her i don't want to be friends

cuz its too hard on me everytime she finds a new guy

but im not sure if thats the best way to go

please help

Gosh Amarsbars - that sounds so sad. I feel bad for you.

What to do?

I guess I would tell her because I think keeping it in could kill you. Not literally obviously...

Don't expect the outcome to be like in those romantic movies but I think you should get it off your chest.

The how is going to have to be in your words and when you think the time is right but I suggest just telling her openly and honestly what you feel, what you hope and where you want the whole thing to end up.

Then leave it to her.

If she's your best friend, what you REALLY want is for her to be happy. Even if that means not being with you.

I kinda agree with Saw here, I think you need to determine exactly how she sees you, and thus, a talk is in order. If she sees you as nothing more than a friend, you're gonna have to move on. If she does see you as a potential bf, then... meh... see what happens.

But mark my words- if she sees you as just a friend, she's probably not gonna change her mind about that - and then nothing is gonna happen, EVER. Back off and find someone else.

Curse hollywood for giving us nice guys hope!!!!

• 7 months later...

Go for her mate, dont leave things and have the wat ifs, woulds coulds . . that is pure pain and is hard to get rid of. Also be honest with yourself, do you really want this lady or is this jealousy kicking in? Are you really going to be better at bf n gf than best friends? Do you see a future as a couple? Do you think it will work for the long term and not lose her as a best mate if you break up? Do you think if you wait, stay as her friend and once the air has cleared then you may ask her out or osmething? Basically, think of your options, you know the lady more better than anyone of us on here, think do you want to be beside her in bed, or beside her as a friend.

The choice is obviously yours, and the repercussions or benefits of your choice will be yours too. Good luck mate. Hope that helps hehe