Boyfriend broke up with me on Monday, for no apparent reason... help!

i'm so confused, we had been dating for 3 months, everything was going completely fine, we had no major fights, we were seeing eachother often, I had met his parents, he had met mine, everything was going so well, he had even said he loved me just last week and that he loved me more than anything.

well anyway, over the Easter break i didnt see him at all due to him having family commitments which i respected, but we still continued to text and would always talk about our day, etc... anyway, Monday came about and we were just texting eachother 'goodnight' when he said he has something that we need to talk about at work tomorrow. I was courious as to what it was, so i asked for more info (like whether is was good or bad...was it about us or what?) he said it was bad and about us... so i replyed asking him to tell me now... and then he said he wanted to break up... I almost died... WHAT!!! i don't understand, so i called him up to talk about it, because for there to be a break-up when everything was going so well, there had to be a reason... anyway, all he said was... "I don't feel like being in a relationship anymore, i liked you better when we were friends"

I asked him what i had done wrong, because i just couldn't understand it, everything was going well, he was happy, he told me he was, he said he could spend the rest of his life with me... i just don't understand...

he also said "I think anyone else caring for me other than family is just weird for me" what the hell? I don't get him... everything was going so well... It was my birthday just the other night and he was completely fine then too, he got me this lovely pressent... argh! i don't understand..

it's killing me

(oh btw, i'm his first girlfriend)

...any suggestions?? please?

giggles - I'm really sorry that happened.

Seems like you thought everything was fine with him because that's what he wanted you to think, but really, he'd prolly been contemplating a break up for a while.

I'm sorry the reason is not apparent to you. But it may be hard for him to articulate it to you in a way you WILL understand. Its too bad he gave you no indication he was unhappy before hand.

Saying that he liked you better as a friend is telling tho. To me it says that he does like you, but maybe getting romantically involved wasn't right for him.

It sounds like he went in far too fast, and is panicking a little bit.

This may suck, but its possible that in a few weeks, he'll attempt to come back. Just a pre warning. Dont buy into it, if hes not ready now he wont be for a good while yet.

I agree with the earlier poster, just take it as well as you can (Im still sorry that happened though, thats a terrible shock) and remain friends..and look out for a new bf.

thanks for all the great replys everyone, i guess you're right... I should just move on... but still, it's hard, espically when i have no answers you know... neways, ill keep you posted on how things go, i'm so NOT looking forward to seeing him on Sunday at work :S:S:S:S

acutally, it's really weird, after talking to my friengs and having a long hard think about it, i've come to the conclusion that he
must be gay
... it all makes perfect sense, i mean we went out for like 3.5 months and not once,
not once did he want to touch
me... and i don't know, it all adds up, i was his 1st gf, maybe he was just checking to make sure of his sexuality. my friends bestie, is a homosexual male, and he said when we my ex for the 1st time, he was pretty convinced that he was... but still, are my friends just saying this to make me feel better or do they honestly feel that too? i guess time will tell, maybe i'll continue to be friends with him, you never know, if he is, then it'll deffinatly explane afew things and really clear the air... (and it would have made him doing what he did b4 i truly fall for him a good thing) argh! i dno, i'll kp you posted

I do not think it is fair to come to the conclusion that he is gay without asking Him.I personally think that he showed deep respect for you by not touching you in a sexual manner.Just think about how much worse you would feel if Sex did happen.