Hi!

It's been a while since I like someone this much after my last relationship. Thanks to you all to help me get over it!

I've been dating this girl for 2 months, but I only get to see her on weekends. She is in college, and also works as a waitress to make money for the tuition. I was really impressed when she told me that.

But she is very busy, she would have to take days off to hang out with me. I thought that was sweet of her. I know I have to take it very slow since she is quite independent, and I did. I tried not to bother her too much and let her have the time to study and rest. I just bring her favorite snacks that she likes when she is working, since I don't get to see her much and that's what I thought it's nice to do for her. I tried to schedule time to see her when she is free, but recently she is making it more difficult, either she has to study or she has to do something. I don't mind it if she is actually busy, but after I heard from her friend that she has a lot of ppl going after her, and she is very hard to get, so I start to doubt if those are excuses when I ask her out. I texted her how she feels about me last night, and I want to be with her. I didn't ask her other questions like if she is making things up. I haven't gotten a reply back yet. Did I asked too early? or did I messed up somewhere? What should I do from now? It's so hard to think right when falling in this situation...

Hey there, I was recently in a very similar situation.(But the guy ended up being a cheating * * * * * * *!!) It may have been a little early to ask the "where do we stand" question, but its ok. It sounds like she is really focused on her future & working very hard to get there. Just support her, don't give her a hard time about how busy she is.

Give her a little time to reply to your text, b/c you don't know how busy she's been since you sent it or what she's been doing. But don't allow your self to be blinded by your feelings for her, if she doesn't reply at all, let it go.

Sounds like you are doing all the right things, so you can't blame yourself.

Thanks michelleth!

I might have asked too early.. After reading the text msgs over, i sound stupid.. at night is tougher to think straight.. Should I tell her sorry about the msg, and tell her just wanted to take care of u. or somehow tell her i rushed it?

Here is the msgs:

Last night:

From me: How's work today? They keeping you late again?

From her: i got home.. Im not feeling well tonite.. guess i caught a cold. gtg sleep now, good nite.

From me: A cold? Hope you feel better. Do you still want to meet tomorrow? (we scheduled to meet today)

From her: depends on how i feel tomo.. but i think i better stay home.. sorry.

From me: Ok. I want to take care of you, if you let me.

From me: I like u a lot. let me know how you feel about me and what I said. Good night~

Don't feel stupid, you were being honest with her. I agree, it is harder to think clearly at night. And its also harder to think clearly when you are overworked and sick. Don't call her or txt again until she replys to you. You don't want her to feel smothered. Don't apologize for telling her how you feel, there was nothing wrong with that, but give her some space. If she's not feeling well & its only been a couple months she probably doesn't feel comfortable enough to have you there while she's sick.

Honestly she does sound a little distant, but you can never really tell by a text msg. Like I said, let her be the one to make the next move. I know it'll be hard, but let her be the one to contact you.

She's not interested. No, you did not say anything to early, she's just not interested. In all my life I have never had a girl who was interested in me text me or tell me what that girl told you. She basically cut off any chance to make plans before you even asked. I have seen that before, but it was from girls who weren't interested.

She did not lose interest because you asked too soon, she never had interest, or lost it recently before you asked. She didn't go, "Wow, I really like this guy! Wait... what is he asking me? He's asking me out? Too soon, I no longer like him." If she was interested she would have responded in kind.

Cute hamster!! Well I wouldn't know how to respond if someone was asking me something so personal via text message. It's not really the best medium for that type of conversation. You should maybe ask her about the message next time you're on the phone with her or see her in person. Don't get too deep though. Just let her know you're wondering how things are going for her.

When people are stressed and overworked sometimes they don't want to do much because they like to have som ejust relaxation time. (Me for example. I'm busy 24/7 right now with HS Varsity soccer and competitive softball). Plus text messaging is not the most efficient way to tell emotion. And some people just don't like texting a lot. Maybe she just was tired of typing and made it short and sweet. So just give her some time...

Hope everything works out for you! Good Luck!!