Today after a week after my breakup with my girlfriend, she emailed me to say she does not want to be friends. For the first time since we ended it i really cried because i knew she was not coming back anymore. I really miss her and to be so harsh as to e-mail me is the worse. It is very lonely now

I'm sorry to hear that happened. I don't know the details of your breakup, but it's obvious that the best thing to do is NC and try to move forward.

No contact is hard at first, but it's even harder to keep pursuing someone who doesn't care and be rejected over and over again.

Now is the time to pursue other interests, join a group, spend time really getting to know yourself again. It's hard at first, but empowering over time.

Keep posting, we are here to listen!

Well the reason for the breakup was that she wanted to be friends because she is heading back to school and did not want a relationship

Mate it might not sound like it now but that is probably the best thing she could say to you. I think if you search through all these forums you will see the amount of times someone wants to be friends with the ex and ends up stringing them along. Now you are dealing from a position where that shouldnt even enter your mind. You are more hurt now than most people but you will recover more completely much quicker.

I could not agree with tylercdurden2004 more!

People here are going mad trying to be friends with those they still have feelings for to be "strung along" to then only end up having to go NC to heal the heart that had been broken and then stomped on. You're just skipping all of the extra heartbreak and going straight to NC. It is harder for you now but it will be easier for you in the end because you will be able to heal quicker. This is a blessing in disguise.

its true its for the best. my ex played head games with me for 5 weeks and i kept having hope for 5 weeks. finally last thurs we got in a huge fight and he said that was it he didnt ever want to speak again. and that hurt but now i am moving on not waiting or hoping. in a way i think i might have pushed his buttons on purpose so that this would happen.

granted i didnt want to leave it this way with him hating me. i would have liked a friendly ending because we work together and now it is devided i dont go out when he does etc etc but since thurs i now want to go out, not stay at home crying and thinking of ways to win him back.