Ask Him Out??? Gah.. Help please!

Hey guys,

There is this guy I like who works at my bank. He seems to want to talk to me and asks me questions about myself, but I do not know whether he is dating someone or not, and he has never asked if I am seeing anyone. I found out recently that he put his 2wk notice in, and his last day there is this Friday! I will only be going there once next week. I'm hoping to catch him at a time when the bank won't be that busy, so I can talk to him a little bit. I really want to ask him out, but really, I just want HIM to ask for my number. I'm too shy to ask him out, but I am afraid of losing my chance ...

Advice pls........

I completely second the "going away drink". That's a GREAT reason that is both casual and friendly - not nearly so formal and potentially awkward as "let's go on a date". I quasi-asked out a guy I like once, it was his birthday and I took him out for a drink. It went very well.

Also, if he turns you down, who cares, because you'll never see him again!

amen, just go for it! if he says no, then a) he's stupid and b) you'll never see him again.

it's not that easy though, but i suggest maybe making him think he came up with the idea. like mention something interesting and then be like "oh, you should take me out to dinner sometime and we could talk all about that." guys like thinking they've discovered all these brilliant moves

but, you can definitely use him leaving as an excuse to just hang out, be friends. say you wished you'd gotten to know each other better before he went away, so he should have your number so you can make friends, blah blah blah.. good luck!

Hi, I say, NO, don't ask him out, even under the guise of just friends or whatever. Do let him know you're receptive to him asking you though. Be bold, and say something like I wish you were still gonna be here, because now I won't see you anymore," or something like that...maybe come up with a back up line to push the issue AGAIN, if he doesn't bite. If he doesn't bite to a couple of Obvious "I'm available" lines, then he's not for you.

Hey..sorry I didnt' update earlier!

Well, I went to the bank friday. The ironic thing is, I had no intentions of doing it whatsoever. I had NO desire to go in there and have a repeat of what happened on Thursday (bank was crowded and too busy to chat at ALL)... So anyways, I am running out the door carrying 1000 things to take to school (just going there to do research) and only after I was 10 mins from my house did I realize I left my purse (and hence my money) at home. I am right about to get on the expressway when I realize that, and so I curse myself out and head over to the bank (which is right there) to get some money for food..

So luckily, he was there, and he didnt need ID for me to get a withdrawal (didnt have my atm card either..) and we were chatting, keep in mind I look frumpy and I am expecting to thank him graciously for not IDing me and then get going on my merry way. I had absolutely NO expectations of this.. Well guess what!! We were chatting, and he asks me if I want my acct balance. I say sure. So I take the piece of paper he wrote it on, and there's his # with "call me" written on it.. AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! I looked at it and laughed and told him i would cal him when he gets back into town...

Oh, and I found out his bday is 2 days after mine, .. mine's the 30th and his is may 2nd. How freaking weird is that, but it's a great opportunity to ask him out for drinks!!!!

We are both taureans.. yay O

I don't know. If that happens I'd be wondering if he's playing games or trying to manipulate you into persueing him. I don't know I mean you can do things however you want, but I think the guy will appreciate you more if he does the asking...otherwise won't he be like.. she's sooo in love with me...this is tooo easy!

I don't know a lot of guys claim they don't think this way, and consciously maybe they don't. I'm just going by my own past experience. You know your situation better than me. Just give him a chance to ask you out when you call him. Maybe start with -so what's up? or something, that would give him an opening. I wouldn't want you to lose a date because of me though, it just seems to me a bit much for you to have to both call him and ask him to go out with you, too. Are you going to have to pick him up and buy his drinks, too? I wouldn't feel good about it, but maybe that's just my own preferences, they don't have to be yours, and if they're not, then you shouldn't feel wrong about asking him. Keep me updated. I hope it all works out for the best I'm sure it will.