Menstrual problems...need advise

I started my cycle and it stopped like it normally would just for one day and then the next day it started all over again just like I hadn't had one. I started cramping and everything all over again. I have been on my cycle for almost a week in a half now and I am still heavy. Is this normal?? I am scared and don't have medical insurance to see a doctor. Any advise out there??

Honestly I would go see a doctor. I know you said you don't have medical insurance, but that is something you should look into getting.

I'm sure there's nothing seriously wrong with you, but you should certainly be looked at. Having menstrual problems like that can signal a number of different problems, most easily fixed with medication.

Don't worry, I'm sure you're ok, but do see a doctor somehow.

Hi Ordinarygirl24,

Did you just start a new birth control? Sometimes when a woman starts a new kind of BC, her body may be out of whack for the first month until her body gets used to it.

If not, I would seek out medical advice. Check into the Yellow Pages for clinics, or places like Planned Parenthood. When I did not have medical insurance, that is what I did. I got my annual exams there and my BC as well. They match the cost to your income. So it can be very afforable. Or if not, you can set up a payment plan. But I really would have it checked out.

Take care and good luck.

Birth control, stress, diet, illness can all affect your mentrual cycle. It may even be a sign of something more serious like endometriosis. But you won't know until you get it checked out!

You can set up payment plans, or low income care with a lot of places (like Planned Parenthood or other low cost clinics). Don't use the lack of insurance as a reason to prevent you from looking further into things, it's not worth your health if you are concerned.