Money = Happiness ????

In my opinion, having money will make you happier if you worked to get it, if you earn it; you didn't just win millions of dollars by buying a few lottery tickets. The people who take in lots of money instantly in the case of lottery winners become disillusioned and sometimes end up broke. Whereas someone who works at it understands that they can't just blow all of it on stuff.

When you think about it, most people do not want to be filthy rich... just financially secure -- the middle class. I would rather be there than in the upper class. With having too much money comes the temptation to use it irresponsibly. If you have just enough to do what you want to do with it, while also knowing your limitations, you will be happy.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If money truly bought happiness, I should be QUITE happy right now, at least, in theory. Yet I am far from it.

My mother always said when I was little, "Money doesn't buy happiness."

A wise woman, doubtless. She was right. If having lots of money was somehow a magic ticket to paradise, I'd already be there. But money is worthless when you have no one to share it with.