Things you take for granted

I look around and see alot of negative posts, so why not something positive to ponder... What are some things about your significant other that you take for granted, or things that you love that you often overlook? Here's some of mine...

1) The lunch that's waiting for me when I get home from a long day at work.

2) Our deal with movies: One chick flick then one action movie.

3) How she always opens the windows up when I'm gone (I leave for work when it's dark), so when I come home the house is filled with sunlight.

4) The light in her eyes when she doesn't think I'm looking.

5) The way she always complains when I pee outside instead of going into the bathroom.

6) Her devotion to our relationship.

7) How spotless the house always looks.

8 ) Her sense of humour.

9) The way the sunlight hits the roses on the table that she picked from outside.

There's more, these are just off the top of my head!

well, aren't we thinking positive! i'm sure my world would be loads better if i thought of all the positive aspects in it. unfortunately it's not that way right now. i'll try my hardest...

1) music. if i could live without music, holy crap.

2) internet. what would i be doing without you... maybe it's the famous....

3) TV. The Colbert Report is friggin sweet!!! I love the Colbert Report!!!

4) random events that spark my interest...um...i'll get back to you on this later.

5) friends. I've told myself about a thousand times I would've killed myself by now if they weren't so cool.

6) myspace. I didn't know my friends were online. kinda cool talking to them online instead of on the phone or at school.

7) um........

8) I know there's gotta be something cool going on...I think....

9) eNotAlone. Yup. i dunno why, but it's better than talking to my parents about stuff sometimes. They're too restricted sometimes....

10) parties. they don't always happen, but when they do they rule.

Well i dug em out for ya. i think that took up about 10 minutes out of my life. for now, i probably just need to sort my mind out. school's in spring break, so my friends are gone for about an extra week... this is probably the first time i've ever hated spring break...

- The way he makes up silly songs and sings them...alone and with me

- The way he makes sure I have everything I need

- Silly things that are uniquely him: How his room is completely empty except for a tv, a bed, and computer because he doesn't believe in materialism, how he will not buy DVDs, his randomly going commando, how he refuses to use drive throughs, how he parks mad far away from stores, how he never takes off his cap, how he gets to school an hour and a half early, how little things tick him off...there are more.

- Our silly activities (having water bottle drinking contests, eating peanut butter out of the jar, etc)

- The way he calls people by nicknames like "chief" and "boss"

- How he can make me laugh any time

- Our domesticity: Running errands, grocery shopping, making breakfast together in the morning

- His insane and hilarious internet findings

- His love for driving around with nowhere to go

- His banter about bowel movements...don't ask lol

- The way he always comes to pick me up instead of me driving there

- The way I wear his clothes to bed and sometimes out to dinner

- How I am at my happiest when I am with him

- How money means nothing to him

Hmmm... Right about now I could use a little reminding about the good things, I focus too much on the bad things...

His laugh... it always makes me laugh.

His smile.

The way he reaches accross to the passenger side to stroke my hair.

The way he always makes time for me, and will shift things around in his schedule for me.

The fact that we saw each other all day on Saturday and he still called me at 11:00 pm before he went to bed just because.

His sense of humor... somehow he always manages to make me laugh.

The way he will flex his biceps and ask me if I bought my tickets to the gun show. lol.

How he will make his pecs dance when we are out somewhere. Kind of embarrassing but kind of funny too.

How great it feels to lie in bed with him.

How much we are like best friends.

How he can't keep his hands off me.

How he will watch all the shows and movies I like to watch without complaining.

Our Sunday mornings together.

His limitless patience. He puts up with so much of my crap and still loves me.

How cute he is.

How he drove me to two stores to find the ice cream I wanted.

How he hunted down a movie on dvd that I hadn't seen since I was 6 just because I loved it.

These are lovely.

This thread should have a big ol' WARNING sign posted on it for those of us who are heartbroken due to break-ups, separation, or divorce. Many of these little signs of love and affection resonate with me so strongly they bring a lump to my throat.

It's great, though. Thanks for sharing.

I haven't put much thought into that these days...things I take for granted...hmmm...

I'm a single parent who lives with my recently separated mother and my three year old son, so I'd have to say the one thing I take for granted most is my mother...she is ALWAYS there for me, good, bad and indifferent...as of recently I'd have to say as far as friends go, my mom is the best friend I have.

~*~If friends were flowers, it would be my mother I'd pick~*~

Keenan, you should know I get very jealous of other people's relationships all the time and often listen to my friends' stories about how great their relationships are and how much I wish I had everything they have with their SOs... I too get that lump in my throat when I listen to my best friend still sigh over her fiance 4 years after they first met... Even though I have a great relationship in many ways, I wish that the sex was better, that I melt at his touch, that my bf didn't have issues with the word

' love '... But there are many other wonderful things in our relationship that keep me there and I try to focus on that.

Not to bring down the tone of the thread.

I forgot to add to my list

How he handles conflicts in our relationship --- he will want to talk things through no matter what.

The way he talks about his niece.

His loyalty to his family and friends.

The way he helps his friend's girlfriend edit her research paper.

The way he always smells my hair when he comes to pick me up.

*I will add to this, since my fiance started it...lol*

*The way he is always willing to talk to me and nobody else

*The way he always cuddles so close to me in the morning

*The way he does the dishes, even though he's had a long day

*How he never puts away his clothes

*How we spend everyday together, and he still calls me at night to see if I made it back safe

*The way he always pees outside

*The way he flirts with me

*The way he plays with my hair and kisses my fourhead

*The way I know he will always love me no matter what

*The way he already has names picked out for our unborn children

*The way he is so commited to me

*The way he says I am the most beautiful woman in the world

*The way he loves me...

SO much more to put, just not enough room to say it!!!