I never understood it when someone in love would tell me this until now. I met a wonderfull man when I went on vacation to California. This was about 2 weeks ago... but now I fully understand the concept of when you know, you just know. Everyone here thinks I'm crazy.. that I've only met this man 2 weeks ago, he lives in Cali, I live 15,000 miles away, but it dosen't matter to me or him. We clicked. No one here understands how it is... how even though I've only known him a short amount of time I know he's the one I'm supposed to end up with. I just bought another plane ticket to go to Cali for the weekend to go see him, and I got nothing from negativity from my roommate... "when is he going to come to see you? You can't afford that... you're spending too much money on this guy..." if I didn't have the money I wouldn't have bought the ticket. To me, a $200 ticket is worth getting to see him, even if it's only for 3 days. I don't know... I'm just so frusterated that NO ONE is supporting me. No one's happy that I finally found someone who will treat me the way I'm supposed to be treated. Someone who sits in his car for hours every night just so he can talk to me, because he dosen't get reception on base... I don't know how to explain it to anyone... and it's almost to the point where I don't want to tell anyone anything anymore because all they do is tell me I'm being stupid and that I'll find someone else closer.... someone please help me.

I know what u mean

I paid £450 last month to travel 6000 miles to meet a girl, and that was a few weeks after she had had a few doubts. I'm saving up again to see her this summer, even tho I can't afford it, i just want to be with her, its not the vacation, its not the going away, its being with her. My parents don't yet know of our relationship but I will tell them gradually. Do what you think is right. Your friends may sound negative (as mine were ) but its new to them as well and they just worry about you. If your relationship is meant to be, then your family and friends will soon accpet it. If it doesn't work out, your friends will say "I told you so" but let them. Your real friends will still support you in the end WHATEVER happens.

Best of luck

I understand completely. People continually tell me that im stupid for being with my girlfriend, but you have to do what is right for you. Whatever that is.

Time and money cannot touch the happiness and joy love can bring... that is my opinion. Do what you feel is right and no matter what happens, youll know that you followed your heart.

Wow and here I am complaining that my girl lives 119 miles away LOL (that's a 2 hour drive)

I say go for it don't worry what people say. I went through that when I met a nice redhead from California, It was great but it didn't last. remember the long distance thing can be very difficult.

yes, it does get difficult, but it's made easy when I know he thinks about me all the time, and I'm thinking about him every second of every day. It gets difficult, but at least we have dates set where we will see each other so that keeps us going. By this time next year I plan to be moved to Ohio where he's going to school.... but that's only if everythign keeps going well. It will be a HUGE step on my part... leaving my home, friends, family... everything I've ever known. But if it means I will be with him then I think it will be worth it. Sometimes I even think I'm crazy though...

I've known my bf for a year online. He's very close friends with a good friend of mine. We had been talking very seriously for the past six months everyday online and on the phone. We met in the flesh in February, and the chemistry from online is there in RL. I'm relocating to Orlando, FL to live with a few friends and to see where our relationship goes. I don't think you're crazy, unless maybe I'm crazy

Most of my friends have been supportive. The only unsupportive people are the two people I know who are completely miserable and lonely in their own lives. So yah I'm moving April 20th. But I'm going down to visit for five days at the end of March.

Hi

I also have friends who is unsupportive of my LDR. Add to it, it is a inter-racial relationship.

Everytime, i tell a person i am in a LDR, they will doubt it. Later, they will say 'leave your option open', 'you are still young' and 'i don't think it will last'.

May be I feel vulnerable by their saying. So I will not tell anyone i am in a LDR unless someone specifically ask. May be this is my way to protect my relationship. To add, I will not ask the person who is not supportive of my relationship for relationship opinion.

I think we have to protect ourselves. Other people opinion is just an opinion, they don't know the real situation.

• 3 weeks later...

The main thing is are you happy with your decision? If you are that's all that matters. Many people do not support me either. I know how you feel when you say "you know, you know". I met my boyfriend who lives in Ohio (I'm from Canada) on line in January and I can honestly say I felt it even before we met. We just clicked on the phone easily and then when we met it just worked. My friends tell me to look for someone closer but I can't even imagine doing that. I am following my heart and I think you should too. I know there are going to be roadblocks when we want to see each other - I just don't know how bad it will get. We've both been previously married and have children - so ultimately they rule on the times we get to see each other. So I guess for now or until he shows me he is not interested I will take it as far as it can go. We're nuts about each other - I constantly hold that thought in my head and heart. He left this morning to drive home, tough day but I promised no tears in front of him and we had a lovely goodbye and two beautiful days together. I can't ask for more at this time but keep the thoughts of some day soon.

Take care.

S