Hmmmm...Patience is soooo hard.

Well, its been 5 days now and no sign of the girl. Im sooooo confused. The date seemed to go great. Ill be honest, I hate it when the girl says she'll call, because in most cases she does, but takes more time to do so. And the other thought in my mind is a blow-off. But all signs pointed to her really liking me, date #1 she said to me "I hope I hear from you again soon?" and then I called 2 days later and we went out on a date whereby she wanted to come see me play football and then afterwards while we were together she talked alot about us doing things in the near future. I just can't seem to get waiting for this call out of my head. Patience really is a virtue because im racking my brain here and having trouble sleeping. I never used to be like this, I must really like this girl.

Any advice?

I agree with Venus. Give her a call. She's probably waiting for you to call and saying the same things. "I thought he liked me. I thought we had a good time together. Why isn't he calling? Should I call him?"

Sometimes girls think they have to wait for the guy to make the move having NO idea that he is just as tormented.

Give her a call. Just to say, "hey." She'll probably be relieved that you did.

yes, i agree with above. some people don't even like txt messages. personally, i hate them...

btw, i'm tormented cause i had a very sweet date with a guy on monday and he hasn't called me. and it's wednesday. so darn it, give the gal a break and call her!!! a nice casual, fun conversation, you know....

well, as for the txt message, thats how we planned our first two dates...im not a fan either, but i also don't want to put pressure of a phone call on her...u know, like she feels she has to talk to me. i guess ill give her a call tomorrow, i don't want to look pushy either, i want to look interested. any suggestions on how to approach it

My friend, if she was into you, believe me, she would respond to whatever contact you made!

She's just not that into you man...

I've had that happen to me and done it myself. The date went well, we both had a good time, but you wake up in the morning and nothing is there...

Sometimes the other person wants the date to go well so they'll be nice, courteous, and make a good time of it...but it ends there...

I'd give this one up my friend...be realistic here...would you not reply to someone you were interested in?

You are right Friscodj, I would reply to any contact she made. however, isn't that a little rash to "give up" already?...i thought the ladies like a guy who is persistent in showing interest? im not saying they like a guy who calls them everyday or is annoying...but little shout-outs from time to time whether threw txt or phone call or email. ladies...am i right?

i have sent txt messages that were not received b4 and i have also been called by girls saying "didn't you get my txt?"...so it happens that messages don't make it threw...rare, i know...but it does happen. back me up someone?

there are so many scenarios that could be in play it can drive a man crazy. unfortunately for me...im a fighter, whether that hurts me in the long run...at least ill know I gave it a chance. like Joe Cocker once said "Have a little faith..." that's what im doing.

Do you all think im nuts?

I think you're hopeful, trying really hard, really like this girl and want things to work out with her...

So let me ask you this...

Don't you want to be with someone who feels the same way about you? Who takes some initiative with contacting you? Who makes you feel good in this way?

hahaha...i don't have anything better to do, maybe thats my problem. and I hear ya friscodj, i know i want someone to show me the love as well, sometimes it takes a little more effort to get someone to come around. i dunno, you guys think im not looking so good by giving her a call tonight?...even by playing it cool and listening to the tone of her voice? than if it is flirty and fun, propose another date?

ARGHHH...hurts man, hurts not knowing whats going on.

Hmm... you can do one of two things.

1. Try calling or texting her again and hope that you get to her and she actually repsonds in a friendly manner and, if not, go bang your head on the wall some more.

2. Move on and, if, out of the blue, she contacts you, be happy.

You could also accomplish both by actually putting the ball in her court. Call her and, if she doesn't answer, leave a message that you wanted to see about making plans for another date and "for her to call you".

Then, let it go and go about your life as if she never existed...

hahaha...i don't have anything better to do, maybe thats my problem. and I hear ya friscodj, i know i want someone to show me the love as well, sometimes it takes a little more effort to get someone to come around. i dunno, you guys think im not looking so good by giving her a call tonight?...even by playing it cool and listening to the tone of her voice? than if it is flirty and fun, propose another date?

ARGHHH...hurts man, hurts not knowing whats going on.

Well, I would say one more call wouldn't hurt...it sounds like you really want to... Keep it short and sweet...but after that...let her start showing you something more than what she is showing you right now for sure...

lol...o k then...her # isn't working...its not saying "Not in service" its just saying unavailable...now, here's the dilemma...perhaps now, she never received my txt late last night...dilemma # 2, if she can't get her phone on, or its broken...she can't get my # b/c she only saved it from when i called her last weekend. she won't know it off by heart...well...i guess now i trully have to play the patient waiting game.

There is a logical explanation to everything. When I read the first post on the thread my mind went to "is the phone working?" Most people aren't that hot and cold, they don't switch from total interest to zero interest.

Wait a bit and try again. Or she will call you. Either way, this is probably going to end up being something you both laugh about.

thanks shysoul, thats what i was thinking too, she doesn't seem like the girl who would go from total interest to zero interest. there was not one awkward moment and i didn't make her feel uncomfortable in any way. there is no real reason for her not to call based on our evening. and your right, we'll prob have a good laugh about it later.

well, ya i heard from her this evening. she was sorry that she hadn't called me sooner but she had a crazy hectic week including a family dilemma. she is really busy this weekend w/ her family and she said she would call me again next week. she sounded sincere, but then again im not a whale so sound could possibly mean absolutely nothing. but at least the call kinda shows that she didn't want me to forget about her don't u think?

Sounds sincere. She let you know she hasn't forgotten about you and is thinking about you. And things come up, so there isn't any reason to believe its all excuses on her part. Things aren't so serious that she probably feels the need to drop other stuff to be with you, yet. Keep in touch, talk to her when you can and plan to get together again as soon as possible. Things seem very promising.

well, ya i heard from her this evening. she was sorry that she hadn't called me sooner but she had a crazy hectic week including a family dilemma. she is really busy this weekend w/ her family and she said she would call me again next week. she sounded sincere, but then again im not a whale so sound could possibly mean absolutely nothing. but at least the call kinda shows that she didn't want me to forget about her don't u think?

This is good. I would say don't get too wrapped up in this girl just yet though. Keep the door open with her, but don't carry her through the threshold just yet...