Should I contact my Ex-boyfriend

If you do contact him, then you need to be prepared for the worst. He may have a girlfriend or wife and if he does, you can't be mad at him. You could maybe email him casually and ask how he's been and what's going on in his life.

If the thought of him being with someone else upsets you, then don't contact him.

I think before you contact him you have to sure what YOUR intentions are.. if this was a guy you hurt in the past, he might still have strong feelings about it...(yes, even after all this time), and you could potentially hurt him again, if you get his hopes up that you are REALLY interested and not JUST curious and need a "fix" of his adoration for you. So if you do email him, be clear, say "I know it's been a long time but I've been thinking about you and wondering what you are up to, if you'd ever like to talk, let me know, it would be nice to catch up with you."

Well the more I think about it, maybe I should just leave him in the past and move on.

He seems like he hasn't grown as a person, same hairstyle, clothes, etc. Thats the reason why I left him. I was in college, learning and growing and he was just hanging out with his friends with no goals.

Maybe it is a bad idea to contact him... When I really think of myself when I was with him, i was a 100% different person

I'd go for it!!!

I was in the same situation as you not that long back. I too was thinking of my 'first love' a lot (we met when I was 18, him 17), I'm in my thirties now, so is he. And it had been a long time since I'd last seen him - nearly ten years in fact, just like you! I didn't get in touch with him, because although I was longing too, I was afraid too. Afraid how he'd react after all of this time .....plus I didn't know how to get in touch. I knew where he had lived, yes, but he lives miles away from me as I moved away from the area long ago. I do still however have family in the same town as him and once I had drove passed his home in my car, but I couldn't find the courage to go and visit. I did get a phonenumber, but still I was scared to call.

Then to my utter surprise one day, I'd logged into a classmates website I was registered with and there was the email from him....I was overjoyed at hearing from him! Seems he was looking for me also

The fact that this guy left a message for you last year at you rmums house, IMO means that he wanted to get in touch only recently and he still thinks of you, which goes strongly in your favour!

However, it's surprising how quickly things can change. He may have met someone new, may be married now. Just don't have no expectations, if you do get in touch and you'll be ok. But YES, I'd definitely email him!!

Good Luck and let us know how you get on

Well the more I think about it, maybe I should just leave him in the past and move on.

He seems like he hasn't grown as a person, same hairstyle, clothes, etc. Thats the reason why I left him. I was in college, learning and growing and he was just hanging out with his friends with no goals.

Maybe it is a bad idea to contact him... When I really think of myself when I was with him, i was a 100% different person

So you've seen him then?

I thought you said it was 10 years since you last saw him???

So, Sway, what happened with your guy??? I am curious now! You left us hanging!!

If there was a reason you broke up before, the same reason probably will apply now.... You could call him up casually and see how he is doing,etc.. It doesn't mean you have to date him again... but, it depends on if that will bring up lingering feelings...

krissbrown, I think you are thinking of contacting the guy but don't really have a good reason for it.

If you say he's a nice guy and you hurt him then leave it in the past, at the moment you are already judging him poorly for how he dresses, what hairstyle he wears, and the kind of life he chose, nobody appreciates and ex returning to mess us up more.

Carry on with your life, you worked to be where you are now, there's a reason for it, don't look at the past, look to the future.