Signs,Signs,Signs!!!!

There is this guy at my son's daycare. He's one the owners/teachers. I'm not sure if he's seeing anyone or not. I do know he's not married. I started noticing him when it appeared he was noticing me - looking at me, smiling, etc.. I could go into details but it would take to long and unless your there, it's difficult to explain certain situations. What I would like is for someone to tell me what the signs would be if he were interested. If you need examples of signs I think he's giving, I'd be more that happy to give a few. But I want to see if what I'm getting is what others suggest.

Being that I only see him at the daycare - which is his job - we don't get a lot of time to just talk. He does initiate conversations with me - I guess when he's able to. He had to cover for my son's teacher on thursday and I always pick up my son and my nephew - I also had my oldest with me ( he's 8 ). While I was getting my nephew he was asking my oldest if he had other bros and sis - which he knows he don't. He asked if he had cousins and how our Valentines was. Then when I came into his room to get my son, he started telling me how good my son was and how helpful he was. Then he starts telling me about the projects they had done, and then stood next to me to show me my son's work. My son's other teacher rarely ever shows me the work, she just puts it in his bag and lets me know it's there. When he was done with that, he says how lucky my sister is to have me. But he wasn't looking at me when he said it. He was writing in a notebook. My son didn't want to leave, so he asked me if i wanted to stay while they finished snack.

As far as asking, it's mainly to my son - but thats limited because he's a child. I don't think he's ever used we....He does however call me mama( ex. see you later mama ). I find that confusing. I'm not sure if I should be offended or what. He calls all the other moms by their first names. And yes he does know my name - I have heard him say it.

Today I went to pick up my son and nephew, and I usually have a ton of stuff in my hands leaving my nephews room. Today, while I was waiting for him to give me my nephews stuff, he said "oh I'll bring this to the front for you" he walked with me to the cubby, put the stuff down, and said have a good night and see you later. Thats the kinda thing where Normally it seems like nothing but with the other things he seems to do and say, I'm not sure. Some days he seems obvious with his flirting ( if he is flirting ) and other days it seems more subtle - like I have to think in my head whether or not he was flirting.

What's the worst that could happen if you said something like this with a little smile and a light take-it-or-leave-it attitude:

"Hi GuyWhoIsKindaFlirtingWithMe, you know I am curious, I just may be misreading something, but I am getting the vibe that you might be flirting with me a little. Am I misreading a signal somewhere or what?"

Option 1 response:

"Really? Well that explains alot, why don't we talk some more sometime"

Option 2 response:

"No? Ok, it's your loss hon. =)"

If you like him, why wait for him to do something and spend your time deciphering his signals? Why not flirt on your own and see how he responds? And if you are feeling strong enough, just ask him out yourself. Why wait for him to do things, when you can be doing them yourself.

If you like him, why wait for him to do something and spend your time deciphering his signals? Why not flirt on your own and see how he responds? And if you are feeling strong enough, just ask him out yourself. Why wait for him to do things, when you can be doing them yourself.

ShySoul is right. The longer you spend breaking down clues, the lesser your chances are. Act now while the moments are fresh. Some people who have crushes from afar can actually grow out of that crush because of frustration, tired of the same old "I see you, you see me, we say nothing" routine that can be more of a detriment as a looping flirting tool. People inside The Matrix want to get out.

Good luck!