23 too old for college!

I have this problem. I went to a technical school and obtained an associates degree in network engineering. Now I want more. Although my school was accreditted, it is considered a technical school by major universites, thereforeeeeee they will not accept all of my credits. This means that I will be in school for another 4-6 years!! I feel like I"m going to be old and gray when I have completed school! I guess I'll just suck it up and go!

First of all, you are not old. Im 41 years old and I'm in my 3rd year of medical school, by the time I'll have my office and I'll be working as a "doctor" I'll be around 46-47.

YOU ARE NEVER TOO OLD To STUDY.

Think of it this way.... Sit on your favorite chair, put you feet on the desk or table, hands behind your head.... now relax and Close your eyes, think that now you are 30 years old and that you have gone to college and finish school, now you are a professional....feels great right? Now do the same, close your eyes and think you are 30 but no college....it does not feel that great right? The thing is you are gonna get old regardless of what you do, so you are gonna turn 30 whether you cry, dance, sleep or smoke pot everyday. So you might as well get a degree as you get older.

Good luck.

I say...GO FOR IT!!

23 is still young. My mother went to school to get her Master's degree when she was in her 40's. She held a full-time job while going to night classes. Sure it was tough, but it was worth it in the end. She always tell us to finish our studies while we are young, so go get that college degree!

I agree with seagirl learning is all areas is life long. Besides what are you gonig to do if you dont go to college?? Maybe be unsatisfied that you didnt go to college and always wondering "If only I went to college!" YOU are definitely not too old. Last year my mum started a 4 year education degree at a university, she is 52. Its definitely never to late to learn. This is your future make it as happy as you can and if that means going to college then good for you!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Don't trip.

People finish at different times. High school is different, you're still uner the supervision of parents, but with college, you're on your own...

So, you're taking on a whole new level of life. It's tough, and most often, a lot of people don't finish on time. People who do are very lucky. Often, people who are privelaged do finish on time, like students who don't have to work to support themselves.

But anyway, we all have our own lifestories, it doesn't mean that just because you don't finish early, you'll be old and grey.

Every step has its challenge, at least, you have the courage to want to finish school, and that's a great start.

• 6 years later...

You are not too old, the average age at the U of MN is 25 so you're right in there. Try to take the exams and talk with your adviser. Mine eased my mind about being an older student I was 33 when I returned. I'll be 37 when I graduate and it's been a challenge for me but I'm hoping it totally worth it in the end. As Dear Abby said you're going to be that age regardless wouldn't you like to have a degree in hand? A number is just a number, there's plenty of older students in the mix. You're still a youngin'.