desire to do it again

I managed not to cut myself for 3 months now, but now I have such a strong desire to do it...I have been behaving so stupid lately and did everything wrong. I hate myself, because I can`t get get the wish to cut out of my head. I feel like I have to punish myself...I know that`s wrong, but to be honest, that doesn`t help me much right now.

I`m new on the forum and I never really had the chance to talk to somebody about it when I feel like this before...I don`t know what to do and I`d be really grateful for any kind of help. What do you guys do in these situations?

Why would you do that to yourself? Its very unattractive and very uncool. I think you should find a hobby or something cause cutting yourself.... come on now, there is a lot of people with more problems then you have , and cutting yourself is not going to fix them. Put away the razor and go out and have some fun. Just my 2 cents. Good luck.

Hi music_soul. Welcome to the site.

It's ok to feel like this. If you have struggled with this before, the thoughts don't just go away automatically. Just resist the urge to do it. Don't blame yourself or feel bad, that will only make you feel worse.

You said that you haven't been able to talk to anyone about this. You can talk to us, we'll do our best to help you and be supportive. Why do you feel the need to cut? When did this start? Why? Talking is what I find to be most effective. Talking with someone who cares about you and can help you through it. Do you have anyone who you can talk to? Have you addressed this in the past with someone, gotten help? The other thing is to focus on something that you enjoy and which makes you feel good. Take your mind away from the pain and put it on something fun.

hey darl

ok i no wat temptation is like ive struggled with it for years 3 2 b exact nd i no how much it hurts for you 2 really wanna do this but plz seek help! We can talk to u! But plz as shysoul said talk bout it it takes away the pain for as long as cutting and mostly even longer and mayb after u haved tlkd 2 people u wil have the strength and secrurity u need 2 stop doing this to yourself! You say urself u no its wrong so talk bout it and find a way to help urself! ok im always here 4 u if u need me!

love always rozi

hi there!

what triggers the desire to cut yourself? Is it some kind of emotions, any particular person(s) you come in contact with, post party, post alcohol, post drugs?

I just hope to understand what makes you want to cut yourself...cos that's probably what you may need to deal with.

cheers, and breath in deep!

• 2 weeks later...

My daughter cuts and her Dr. suggest that when she feels the urge to cut immediately tell me so that we can find something else to do. It's helps some she doesn't cut as often. We talk a lot trying to help her deal with her feelings. I can't tell you that I know what your going thru because I don't. However I have see the pain my baby is in over this and the relief that she seems to find in the cutting and I wouldn't wish this on anyone, so I hope that you are able to find the help and support that you need to getter better!!!

Hello

I'm glad your looking for help. You are on the right track to getting rid of this. Three months is definitely something to be proud of! I have been exactly where you are at now, and I know you can do it. Keep yourself busy, find a hobby or pastime you like and do your best to keep your mind off of cutting. Focus on something else. If all else fails, I would snap rubber bands on my wrist or take freezing cold showers, that can help ease the desire to cut. Good luck!