New girl in the picture... what to do about Valentines?

comets_21

Hi,

I recently been talking to this new girl. We decided to take a class together this semister, and I now drive her to school almost everyday. We talk on the phone and have long fun conversations. Here's the problem... I can't tell if she's interested in me. It sure seems like it.. but I can't tell where she wants things to go. I do not know how to move things

forward to that next stage without blowing my chances. I asked her to hang out Friday night, and we went to see a movie. Tonight I asked her to come over and she did. I want things to move forward but I don't know if I should just let things flow or actually try to persue her or talk to her. I hate persuing someone because it often leads to low self confidence. We talked about Valentines day a couple times tonight. We have not shown any signs of affection yet. I was thinking that I could possibly casually ask her to do something for Valentines on Tuesday morning when I pick her up for school. Any thoughts?

While Rayana is entitled to his/her own opinion, I think all the signs are there. She comes over to your house, you two go out to movies...What more do you want? Besides, Valentine's Day is a very special, romantic day. If you don't do anything with her on V-Day, she might be disappointed b/c she expected you to make a move. I'm not trying to put any unnecessary pressure on you, because I am just giving you my two cents, but I think you have a shot. Good luck with whatever happens.

She might give you something for Valentine's Day.

You could have something cute (candly or chocolate) or a single rose or something else not too 'heavy' ready to give to her just in case. You don't want to be caught empty handed.

If you want to do something really low key, buy some of those candly hearts with messages on them, and share them with her when you see her tomorrow. It's sweet, it's cute, and it is fairly innocent.

Good luck!

Hey, Thanks for the responses...

Things went well today. Before I picked her up for morning class I bought few valentine's chocolates. I bought some for my sisters but she figured out that I bought some especially for her. She didn't take it weird at all, she actually was thrilled and I could tell she really liked it. We talked throughout the day but never ended meeting up. Tonight before I left to a friends, she asked if I want to get together this weekend if she can finish her papers before then. I can tell things are slowly going well... but really slowly. It seems we are both afraid to act to strongly. We both had a tough last relationship. Thanks for the responses!