im not good enough

teacup

i feel dirty. i feel worthless. i havent achieved anything. i have been through so much rotten stuff in the past few years. it hurts. i cant let go. i cant forgive myself.

i could have been a lot better and a lot higher at this stage. but i blocked my own path. i had the worst attitude. now i have fallen and fallen hard and i am miserable. i hurt. im in pain. im alone but i dont want to be with anyone either. i havent met anyone good. my life is not the way i want it to be. and i feel like it will never be good enough. i will never be good enough for myself.

i want to be better but i think it may be too late. i feel so old. yet what can i do? i am sad and depressed. i hate the past. i hate bad ppl. i am troubled. i am saddened. i am destroyed. i am not well. but i will not be prey for the bad ppl out there. what am i going to do.

you sound like you know what all your problems are which is always a good start!

Sometimes you have to force yourself to go out and do things and meet new people. it will be difficult but you will start to feel better about it and actually want to do it.

Youre not old yet so don't let that bother you.

Don't dwell on the past. The past is just that, PAST! If something bad happened and you associate your past with people you'd rather forget then forget them! I know it's not as easy as that but try and focus on NOW and bettering your situation.

Good luck

I don't guess this reply helps much, but I feel the same way. I've been in the house for about the past 4 days. I had to go out yesterday and all I could think about is how much I just wanted to go back to my hole. It did not make me feel better to be out and about. I don't know what to do. If you find out fill me in...

Teacup,

Your posts lately are pretty sad. A while back you were quite upbeat about some older guy you were dating. You seemed so much more vibrant.

It might help you to post about what's been going on to bring you such pain. You might find someone here to help.

It's easy to get down on ourselves and become our worst enemy. Please break out of that mood for just a minute and tell us what's going on.

Hi Teacup,

I'm 28 and feeling very much like how you are feeling... actually exactly how you are feeling. It's overwhelming, you feel like there is so much to change and you don't know where to start. I say go see a therapist, that will help alot.

If you ever want to chat some more --- believe me, I do know what you are going through --- my email is link removed[/i]"]europe03@link removed.

Things are going to get better, but it will take alot of hard work. Don't give up. And drop me a line.

Take care, okay?

• 2 weeks later...

Hang in there .....we've all been there and you've read it all. Now its time for you to go through it all ...alone....be strong we're here for you. If you must let it out, cry and allow yourself to feel things. I lost my father back 7 years ago...and that pain is still there, believe me it hurts. When my girl comes and goes...it hurts, i cry-breath, think of my dad and that pain puts things in perspective. The GREATEST HUMAN LIE is the worlwide notion that we're meant to be with one person...for ever. But nothing last forever, everything changes...people too...move on, come back later....ect

If someone told us that TRUTH when we were groing up, maybe we'd stop holding on so much, waiting and hoping for that day when we meet "that" special one to stay with us forever...ever...and ever. But while we wait for that day, many many many special things are coming and going out of our lives. Life is short and is meant to be shared with others. Not on "that special day", but maybe everyday for every day we have on this physical planet.

I cry...because no one told me that...nothing last forever. When we are born, we die someday, to be born again. Next time you meet someone(could be today) remember its not forever, only its for now. Enjoy all they have to offer and be better than yesterday.

man, do you really not think there's hardships in life. if everything went smoothly, everyone would be great and perfect, but this is why only a few end up being great. if you look at so many inspiring stories...to get to that high, almost all the greats went through a low. that low makes great people work harder to achieve wat they want and want it even more.

so basically you have two choices:

- you can sit on your * * * pouting about how bad the last few years have been and what all your problems are.

-or you can step into life again and use that new knowledge and aquired drive to become better person and achieve what you want to.

here's a good quote:

"Failure is only postponed success as long as courage "coaches" ambition. The habit of persistence is the habit of victory." Herbert Kaufman

and...

"So what do we do? Anything - something. So long as we just don't sit there. If we screw it up, start over. Try something else. If we wait until we've satisfied all the uncertainties, it may be too late."

Lee Iacocca