alright i just got out of a 2 year relationship at the beginning of last month. so im new at dating again...

heres the question, theres this girl (of course) . and well ive known her for a while now, ive always thought she was hot and very sweet, but i was with my ex at the time so nothing ever happened.

so today i saw her in the mall so i came up to her and we talked for a bit, about work etc...and then she said i heard, she told me that she heard me and my ex broke up. i was like okay no biggie talked about it for lil while. then she asks if im over her, i said yes, and she said are you totally over her, would you go back out with her, i said yes im totally over her and no i wouldnt go out with her again. so we talked a lil more then she says well i know how you feel cause i broke with the Ryan (her ex) three weeks before school let out which was like in May sometime. so i didnt think anything of it we talked a little bit, then she got her food and she asked where i was going and i said this way...she said well im going to go eat in barnies (coffee place) come and see me later. so we went in opposite directions and i walked around in the mall for a lil while. i saw her right before i was about to leave so i went and said bye. and went to the bathroom waved to her again and left.

now i just want to ask, was she throwing me signs?? cause im sure ill see her tomorrow and im wondering if i should ask her for her #, or something??? my ex even picked up on her a while back, and said she liked me, but i blew it off as nothing....so should i?

Let's run a scorecard for you:

1. She asked you if you were single --------------------------------->Check

2. She asked if you were ready to date someone new ------------>Check

3. She told you, by coincidence (yeah, ok) that she's single ------>Check

So, shall I smack you upside the head and tell you to go get her number?

Well said, bzborow. Sometimes you think a girl is prying and doubting you, when she's actually trying to drop clues. It happens all the time, they're sneaky like that.

See haw clear it is once you re-read your post now? It's funny how all you have to do is tell someone the story and it makes 100% more sense to you...

S.A.M.

thanks everyone, for the advice. im going to drop her lil clues, just to see what she does (right before i ask her out). unfortunately i didnt see her today. came to the mall just to see her, and man was she not there . oh well. tomorrow ill be out and about and hopefully ill be seeing her, and ill sure be coming back to tell everyone how it went. thanks again everyone

• 1 month later...

as long as she's not friend's with your ex... because if she IS, then she could just be doing detective work for her, and just thowing stuff in about herself to make it not look so obvious. thats something i would do, thats why i say it. otherwise, then yeah, go for it and ask her out