New Boyfriend Is Mad At Me! Help!

Hello everyone! My boyfriend and I just got together about a week 1/2 ago, but today was not a good experience. First let me say that this is a long distance relationship. Anyway, today I was on the phone with my bf and mr roomate screams out "who are you on the phone with?" so I said "who do you think." because obviously I wouldnt be talking to anyone else but my bf. So she screams out "John?" So I said "no my boyfriend!!!" John is clearly not my bf's name. He got so upset and didnt want to speak to me. I called him a few times and explained to him that I am not cheating and this guy is just friend (which is the honest truth), but he told me he wanted to be left alone. Sigh. So I called him about an hr ago and I can tell he is still upset with me. What can I do to make this better? I feel like he should believe me, but he is the type of guy that will analyze this situation. Helllppp.

• 5 weeks later...

How long have you known the person before getting together? Does he have insecurities or get jealous easily? Or have you not known him long and this is the first time he's done something like this?

I agree with Shadows Light, give him space and let him get over it. He shouldn't have gotten that upset, but there may be other issues involved and it triggered this reaction in him. Sometimes the best thing to do is to give something time, and then come together and work it out if you are still feeling bad.

• 2 years later...

That was dumb of your room mate, but he shouldn't be freaking out if it's a new relationship. If you had been togther a long time and she said that, then yeah he would have more of a reason to be suspicious. A week and a half? Hell you could have recently even dated a guy named John and she thought you still were.

Don't coddle him. Let him come around.