I'm late...

babybear

I'm about a week late from my period. I'm 16 years old and do have regular on time periods. I have signs that I'm about to start my period from a few days before such as spotty skin and greasy hair and stomach cramps. I am almost a week late and have none of these signs.

My boyfriend and I for the past month have had a lot of sex without a condom but he has never ejaculated inside me, he has always taken it out. I really can't be pregnant, I have just read about abortions and its turned me into a nervous wreck. I don't want to have one cause they look so incredibly dangerous. Is it very likely I'm pregnant?

First thing is to relax and try to stay calm. See a doctor to make sure. If you are pregnant, go over all of your options with your doctor and your parents. You can decide what is right for you then, after knowing all the options and details. If you don't like the possibility of an abortion, there are other alternatives you can consider.

Keep us informed. I'll be thinking of you and hoping everything goes well.

It's really important that you know that you need to use a condom every time you have sex. As Darkblue said, precum contains sperm and you can get pregnant, not to mention STD's.

Abortions are scary, and you can avoid such a scare in the future by protecting yourself with condoms every time. It only takes 1 time.

Can I ask why you didn't use condoms before??

I did a pregnancy test today - a clear blue one. It was negative. I'm hoping this is accurate. It said on it that if in the early stages should be done when you go to the toilet the first time of the morning. I didn't do that but I'm hoping it's still accurate. It's been five weeks since my last period so I'm hoping that won't matter.

Hope75, in answer to your question, when we first had sex we used condoms but sometimes didn't and then I'd get the morning after pill. Then I went on the pill but it didn't agree with me so I came off it and we just used condoms. Sometimes when we don't have any we'd just use the above method and seeing as taht worked OK for a while well it just became more frequent.

It is still accurate, but it is meant to be more accurate when you use it first thing in the morning.

I hope this serves as a lesson to you.

If you don't want kids - use protection. Any time you are feeling horny - remember the feeling of waiting for that pregnancy test, and ask yourself if it's worth it.

babybear,

there is a high risk of pregnancy and/or STD transmission when you do not use condoms. Since you are not on the pill it's doubly important. I doubt at your age you or your bf are ready to be parents, and the morning after pill is NOT meant to be a method of birth control, but an emergency contraception in case of a condom breaking or date rape... etc.

Either way the risk is not worth it. If you cannot afford condoms, your local planned parenthood clinic should provide condoms free of charge.

Please don't put yourself in this situation again... protect yourself AND your boyfriend by using condoms.