I just joined this site because my friend told me about it... and I just need a litlle help. Lately, as I get closer to graduating, I'm not sure what I want anymore. I don't know if the dreams I've always had are what I really want... and I don't know what to want now. most of the time, I feel like things are falling apart for me and that i'm just getting further and further away from where I want to be... and maybe that's cuz I don't know WHERE exactly I want to be. And this isn't only with my fears of college and what I want to do, but in being on my own, being in relationships, in every aspect of my life... It's been so long since I've felt truly happy and i just don't know what I'm doing anymore. I'm so lost... and I really believe that whole "no day but today" thing.. but I just can't seem to apply it to my life. I need advice, I need help.

Take one day at a time, and don't be pressured by what you think you need to do, but instead,

by what you want to do-even if you don't know what that is yet. You may have been basing your

dreams around certain idea's, and in a way lieing to yourself so many times you've lost sight of

either what you really want or what is really going on.

Many people I know weren't sure what they wanted to do in life during College, so they chose to stay it safe and either go to a Community College or just take required classes and think about it. You don't have to rush anything though. Just think about what you might like or something that interests you. Keep searching. You still have all the time in the world.

but see.. what i thought i wanted to do requires like... 10+ years of school. SO i'd kinda like to not waste much time... I'll already be at least 28 when i get out of school.. and that seems like the best part of my life is going to be spend paying to do work. I think my apprehensions are due to the excessive amount of schooling and the fact that i really hate school now...

Then why not choose a career that won't require that many years to complete. Because school can be a drag at times, but a good education can get you a better life. Most people with even a simple Bachelor's Degree are about about 22 or 23. Maybe chooose a career that can fit within a 4 year program? Hope that helps.

Follow your heart. If taking all those years of school will get you to what your passion in life is, then it will be worth it. If you don't want to do that, then don't. Look within yourself. Think about what it is you love to do, what it is that makes you happiest. Find something that relates to that passion and drive within you.

And if you still aren't sure, at 18 you don't have to decide right away. The average person changes profession like 7 times in their lifetime. Explore things that interest you in some way. See what it is that sticks with you. Take your time, there isn't any rush. The important thing is that whatever you pick, it will be something that makes you happy.

Has there been any major changes or events in your life which could explain why you are feeling down? Is it simply doubts about what you want to do with yourself?

You are still young and have plenty of time to explore many options. Most people don't have everything planned out at your age and have no idea what they want to do with their lives. They may have some ideas, but those ideas usually change over the years. It's a process of growing and discovering your true passion. My best friend went though two years of college before deciding on a major. My sister didn't settle on teaching until she was in her late 20's and didn't get her degree until after 30. I have another friend who is 24 and still debating on what she really wants to do with herself. And even after I have graduated college, I am still unsure if I really want to be doing what I majored in for the rest of my life. So you aren't alone in this and have plenty of time to figure something out.