Hello. Hopefully this belongs here as I really have no one else to ask.

About a year ago I met this girl at school. I found her to be a very nice girl and I became really interested in her. At the time she had a boyfriend which made me feel very insecure about the whole thing as I didn't want her to know about my feelings for her (like I managed to hide those anyway). So all we did back then was talk. Sometimes we sent eachother mail and so on. With each day passing, I became more and more attracted to her, so I have had quite a hard time.

Then, about four months ago, she suddenly asked me if I was doing anything for the weekend. As it happened I wasn't doing anything then and she asked if I wanted to go out for dinner and/or a movie some evening. Of course I wanted that and we went and had a nice time. I did however worry a lot because as it were, she had a boyfriend then. I guess you could call what we did a "date" of some sort.

Since then, we started spending more time together (at school) and also exchanging email and so forth. I'm the shy (if not supershy) type and I am not really that good at dating and that stuff, hence the problems with understanding her signals.

About two weeks ago I learned that she no longer had a boyfriend and she wasn't very happy about that. She sent me a mail telling me this and expressing her sorrow for the loss and so on. She wants to get over this and then she says that we maybe can do something together.

I know I'm leaving out a great deal of info here, as it has been going on for almost a year and all the details are hard to remember, but does this mean that she likes me? Do I have a chance with this girl or is she just being friendly? She has told me that she sees me as a friend and so on, but I sense there is something more than friendship here.

Wow, um let me start by saying thats a pretty powerful expressive post...and you entered alot of details At least for me to comment on.

I think she wants more..but isn't sure that you do. cause of your shyness. your not showing her enough maybe..and she doesn't want to push or be pursuant to the point where she thinks she Might scare you away. cause of her not knowing your interested...but more in depth too what she said is she just sees you as a friend. How long ago was that...was it when she had a b/f ? or wasn't going out...that makes a big difference into what she may be implying..in fact if it was when she wasn't dating this guy. than its almost like a direct welcome for you. to take the initiative to TRY to take her out. ask her out. Dinner movie.. Just be a Gentleman, Return the favor..maybe she still doesn't know you all to well...and wants to get to know you more, your sensitive side. what your express or show while JUST you 2 are together, believe me she will be analyzing every conversation. Body language, Eye contact etc.. to see if you like her...Don't Get Scared thow. your back pedaling. Move Forward. and if things don't seem right. or she Declines then at least you can't say you didn't try..