I have a bit of a problem. I'm 18 and I'm in love with this girl that I have known since High School. We've gotten to know each other and we are both friends but I've always thought of her as more than a friend. I asked her out about 12 months ago and although she turned me down, it didn't make any difference on our standing as friends. I later found out from one of her friends that she wasn't ready to have a b/f at the time. Lately we've been a bit closer, talking a bit more then usual, etc. and I have seen her looking at meand she looks away when I notice. I don't handle rejection real well and after the last time I asked her out I don't know wether I should again even though it's been about a year & I don't know if she feels the same way about me. I would do anything for her and I would drop everything in an instant if she ever needed someone but I can't find the courage to tell her, Please Help Me Somone!!!!

Hello Computerguy!

Friend you need to just go up to her and ask her out, you need to be confident, dont think of a rejection as something negative about you, IF she says no, that doesnt mean your not worthy. it just means she either doesnt want a BF right now, or doesnt see you as a romantic partner for her.

When you ask her out, make it a simple date, coffee shop etc. keep it short, but do tell her how you feel towards her.

Women like men who are decisive and that are confident, you need to have an attitude that you dont care whether she says yes or no, if she does say no, dont look hurt or ask her why, etc. just tell her, (with a smile) " ok, I understand, i respect your wishes" and thats it, order some more coffee etc. change the subject etc. act like it didnt even phase you.

you need to find the courage to ask her out and tell her how you feel, you know she may have been waiting a long time for you to ask her! dont make the mistake of delaying this forever, she might find someone else and then you will feel really hurt and regret you never asked her out again.

if it helps any, just think of her as a he !, if you were to ask a buddy to watch a football game how would you act? if he said he couldnt make it would you feel depressed or sad? of course not, its just that plain simple.

One day while your with her, laughing about something, just tell her out, and on that date, tell her how you feel towards her, you must not feel fear, you must be confident! you need to feel inside like your doing her the favor of asking her out, dont appear needy or desperate.

good luck.