sense of humor

teacup

One of the most popular traits that most people say they look for in a partner is someone that makes them laugh. Which shows that people tend to want to be around the funny, more lively people, because it just more fun.

Being around a gloomy person can cause uneasiness, which is not fun.

In a sense happiness can be very attractive and if they are able to share that happiness then even better.

I think a sense of humor is important but over rated, if someone has to try to hard to be funny it won't work. Just make casual statements about things observe around you if you have trouble making jokes. You'd be surprised how inside jokes come about when you're constantly making small talk.

Being happy with yourself and in general is much more important, and crucial to get into and sustain relationships. If you don't love yourself then who can you love?

People who look depressed send out the opposite vibes and push people away! I know this because a few years ago I suffered with very bad depression and everyone avoided me like the plague. Once I started to get better and smiled a lot they'd approach me and ask how I was doing!

Good luck, take care and most of all keep smiling!

well yes. of course. i was just wondering about sense of humor though. some ppl dont get me.

Teacup, most people don't get me either. That's ok. I'd worry if they did! Imho a sense of humor is vital. Life is hard enough as is without someone at our side helping us to laugh our way through the tears.

It's not having a sense of humor that's important. The important thing in a partner is a sense of humor that's similar to yours...both in content (what you find funny) and quantity (level of overall seriousness or lack thereof).

Otherwise things you say with the intent of them being funny can be misinterpreted in other ways and the next thing you know you're having a huge argument.