Why do you think he said it?

After a seventh month relationship.

There were no "I Love You"'s

Infact my boyfriend told me he would never say "I Love You" to me. well we broke up and I was guesing he was right. But then we started going out again and he finally said it.

We saw Wedding Crashers together but I dont think that was it but seeing that movie led us into talking about love. See he told me in my car when I went to his house that seeing that movie realized he wanted to marry me , as a joke. I told him it made me crazy for him and I said I love you as a joke. It was quite funny, you should have been there because then I said it in different tones and kept on laughing and then I said "I thought I was good at acting, I should beable to say it as serious as I can" but I made it sound really dramatic and then well....he said those three words....and he said he wasn't acting and he meant it and I didnt even have to say it back. What I really wanna know is why him telling me he'd never say those words stuck with me for so long and then he actually went against his own words and said it? I thought I was too young for those words and he used them. I was thinking that he only said them because I made some joke out of it, (honestly because maybe I was wanting to say them but not too sure) I wasnt expecting him to do that. what do you think? I really do think he wouldnt have said it if I didnt joke about it.....we got into deeper discussion and he said being inlove is relatively the same thing...I dont think so but I guess that means hes inlove with me too? One last thing I have to ask anyone willing to answer......this guy broke my heart after seven months of me feeling like I was inlove with him, why is it and how is it he wanted to get back with me and now "loves" me? I am confused. Why would anyone do that. How do I know he wont leave me again?

Feelings do not remain static, they change and do ti all the time.

When I was close to his age, I was too insecure to say a lot of things I later regretted. It cost me something great with a beautiful (both inside and out) girl. Once I began to lose her, I was ready to change but it was too late. Maybe he is seeing that he cannot just act so he is never vulnerable.

Accpet it, and watch over time to see if he means it and still feels that way.

I really agree with what beec said. Hey, and 20 is still young. Young enough to be confused about a woman. Hell 45 is young enough to be confused. I really think that he didnt quite let you in too deep before, but for some reason something clicked and now hes trying to be a little closer to you. Life is hard and complicated. Be careful though. I dont want you to get heart broken too bad again. It sucks.

its still just a word, the reality is how the two of you are together, eventhough they are such strong words, I woudlnt put so much emphasis on them. If he loves you you should feel it with your heart not your ears, this is something you will always realize to be true.