I'm so miserable...

Two days ago my girlfriend came over and wanted to talk. I knew this could not be good. We went out and talked and she told me about the problems she's having in her life, and that she needed a break from our relationship until she could sort it out. This took about 45 minuets while I bawled my eyes out. Since then I haven't eaten, I can't sleep, and I constantly feel like I'm going to throw up. I need advice, I can not lose this girl. Please don't respond if your going to tell me to just let go. I will not do that until she says we're done for good. I need to know what to do, it hurts so bad to love someone and not be loved back. I need this girl. Please help...

Ok, I won't tell you to let go, however, if you can't eat and feel sick you should see a doctor. Sometimes they can prescribe medication to help with that sort of thing. You could get anti-depressants to help your mood a bit. The doctor could also suggest someone for you to talk to. It sounds like you are suffering from anxiety. Take care of yourself or you are no good to anybody. Trust me.

Michelle

Man, dont sweat it too much. She just needs to get away from the obligations of a relationship.

call her, tell you that you will be there for anything she needs, let her know that you can help with her personal problems--isn't that what a friend is for, especially a boyfriend.

my 2 cents.

I asked her if she wanted to be with me, and she said yes. I asked her if she wanted me to wait for her or if we're done, she asked me to wait. She said that when things calm down, she wants to be with me again. I don't think she realizes how much I truly lover her, I just wish I could be there to suffer by her side...

hey this exact same thing happened to me last month. i didnt eat for like 2 weeks. felt like i was going to throw up. i also couldnt sleep at all and when i did i had dreams of her, i went to sleep thinking of her and woke up thinking of her. this will end with time...

the best thing to do is get out with your friends. go out and get your mind off of things. time heals all, and that is a true statement, i didnt go by it till about 3 weeks after. you have to get your mind off of her.

i was also thinking of going to see someone about it, but i took care of it myself. talk, talk, talk...about it to your family and close friends. that will help a lot too. i still talk to people about my ex. we went out for 2 years, it was hard. she broke up with me and started seeing another guy that same night. its hard i know but youll get over it, everything happens for a reason. you might get back together, you might not...but the best thing to do is think about yourself, not her anymore. be selfish and think of yourself

hi scott,

i agree with u completely...to love and not be loved is a big hurt and i fully understand u believe me!!!

but let us put a few things into perspective now. how long has she been ur gf?? i am assuming it is arnd 2 yrs. if that is the case and she has personal problems...then who better than u her bf to discuss the problem??? this is crazy! if i know somebody very well and i trust them..i wud confide my problems with them but mind u.....there is a chance that she may be right and serious....there r chances of some things which cannot be said to u but she wud have to handle herself and for this she may need some time...

so what u have to do now is: hope for the best and prepare for the worst. ur post said 'dont reply if ur asking me to leave her'...that's not a good approach. i know ur emotions at this moment but think clearly...if u r this obsessed with her and she comes and says 'we r done' u will be very hurt. what u do now...is think as if u r done with her....that solves the problem...as the earlier post said....time heals everything..so try to stop thinking abt her as ur partner....atleast try...and u will be amazed at the progress...in abt a month...believe me u will be thinking not much abt her.

this helps in two ways that it give her the required space and u will get prepared for whatever she says. i hope she comes back to u and both get together in life....if she does that ..then u r fine. else dont worry. ur mind will be prepared by then....and u will find somebody else. follow the advice of the earlier post like. "chat a lot...with ur close frens family, get out and hang out etc..." i think that guy is experienced in this!!! like me .

All the Best,

CoolGuy

I only post saying not to replly if your going to tell me to leave her because I was posting at a different forum and thats all they did. That isn't what I want, she wants me to wait, and I will, but I am also prepared for the worst. I need help getting her heart back before the worst happens though...

trust me i know how you feel i feel the same way everyone keeps telling me to just move on and you dont want to i dont want to either. in your situation tho i would just give her same space for about a week and then try sweet things to make her feel better and if that still doesnt work tell her you wont let her break up with you and stock her lol

Scott_ML

It's good to hear that she still wants to be with you and wants you to wait for her. I'm implying that she wants the relationship to still keep going but at the same time, she needs to sort out some things on her own. Am i correct to assume then you're still her bf and she's still your gf?

Maybe consider checking in on her every so often to let her know that you're thinking about her and will be there to help her. That's what a bf if for. Right? I hope she gets things sorted out real soon and you two will be back together in no time.

2 YEARS AGO MY GIRLFRIEND BROKE UP WITH ME SAYING SHE NEEDED A BREAK AND HAD SOME ISSUES IN HER LIFE THAT SHE NEEDED TO DEAL WITH.UNLIKE YOU I CALLED EVERYDAY ASKING TO SEE HER AND WOULD NOT STOP CRYING..SHE THEN TOLD ME TO GIVE HER 2 WEEKS...I COULDN'T DO IT.ALL I CAN SAY IS DON'T DO WHAT I DID AND FORCE YOURSELF ONTO HER...GIVE HER WHAT SHE WANTS.BY DOING WHAT I DID IT MADE THINGS WORSE AND SHE GOT WITH SOMEONE ELSE.BUT WHEN I STOPPED CALLING HER SHE CALLED ME 2 MONTHS LATER BEGGING ME TO COME BACK.BE THERE FOR HER WHEN SHE NEEDS YOU AND WHEN SHE DON'T THEN DON'T BE.WITH GIRLS IT IS THERE WAY ALOT OF TIMES.AND IF SHE DIDN'T MENTION BREAKING UP FOR GOOD,DON'T TELL YOUSELF IT IS OVER BUT BUILD YOURSELF UP FOR THE WORSE IT CASE IT DOES HAPPEN.THAT WAY IF IT DOES IT'S MUCH EASIER TO TAKE AND IF IT DON'T THEN YOU WILL APPRECIATE HER BEING THERE EVEN MORE.