Whats the point of nc

I think today im going to start some sort of no contact with my girlfriend, is there a positive outcome of this? how long should it last?? what if she doesnt give in?

We havnt seen each other in 3 days, and last i talkedto her she was eating and i asked where,she says ''Does it matter?'' seriously,do any of you think its right to say that to your bf/gf

and then i try to call her threw out the night and i cant get threw.. and finally at 9 ish i called her house phone and her mom said she has been sleeping for an hour and a half...

i am so upset i cant believe this, im so soso mad.soim not gona callher or text her at all until she gives in or w/e. she is on her period i think or should be.. i still have strong feelings for her, im just so mad i dont know what to do, so im just notgona callher. also befor iwent to bed i texted her saying dont even bother calling me or texting me. have a good week, and some other stuff

we have been going out for 5 months now..

i would do that but im soo pissed this is ridiculous why is she like that.

2 days ago befor i went tobed, i texted her saying '' i think this is the best way to tell u this. im slowly losing feelings for u, and im not having fun anymore..but i stated i still want to be with her.

then yesterday i texted her 3 times during school and she didnt text me oonce. one of them saying no matter how mad i am atyou, i stil love you and w/e. also befor i got off work i texted her and asked if i couldhead over after work, she replied and said she isnt home and wont be for awhile. aand then i called her then she said she is eating and i asked where and she said ''im eating il call u later'' i ask where are you ''Does it matter'' in a weird tone,and i said no and hung up.

She's probably just upset that you're losing feelings for her. If she's a controlling type of person, it pushes her to anger because she's losing something she can't control. My girlfriend started to lose feelings for me a few months ago, but now she loves me more than ever, so things can work out for the best. Just sit down and talk to her about how you feel and that you still care for her, you want to make things work, and you want to try and restore those lost feelings. Ask her to put a little more effort into making you feel loved so maybe you'll realize how much you really do like her.

No. No contact is for when a relationship has ended and someone needs to heal. If you're still in a relationship, than applying a "silent treatment" is childish and damaging.

You need to stop waiting for her to make all the moves, sit down, and talk to her. Be fair, honest and genuine.

As Billy said, NC is for when you breakup with someone and want to heal by keeping yourself away from them and any possible new "activities" they might be involved in. Just confront her and find out why she's being elusive and shady, but in her defense you did tell her that you were losing feelings for her, right? That alone would be enough to make most people retract a bit especially if they are controlling by nature. Also, I agree with Billy that silent treatment is stupid, childish, and immature (then again, we don't really know what age you all are at here). My old ex-gf pulled the ST on me all the time because it gave her a sense of entitlement and power over the situation. Don't ever do that to anyone -- just be straight forward and honest.

Its not me doing this silent stuff. I agree it is childish and it really irritates the hell out of me. I was the one calling her yesterday and texting her asking if i could go over there.And she simply never called me back, and she never texted me back during school which she knows i hate, i even said in one of my texts am i not good enuf for a reply now?

still nothing.. i texted her at work finally around 6 and said can i come over after i get off, she said exactly '' no, im not home, and wont be for awhile'' like i said i even called her, and she still pulls this silent bull**** on me and it makes me so furious i want to end the relationship, but i know i have feelings for her still. Do you guys sudgest i try calling her again today and see whats up? ask if i could go over? or just talk things out on the phone? Thanks for replies

Hey, I think your blowing everything out of proportion here. also your stirring up more problems by getting angry and stuff. Let her do that if anything. I agree she will come around if you stop creating more problems. Suck it up and give her a little space for awhile. She obviously needs it from all this drama. Telling her your losing feelings for her, when your obviously not. Sending nasty texts saying don't call me, when you clearly want her too. goodluck