I have to live up to alot of expectations from my family. I hate them for it. I suffer from servere depression. I cut. There was a while ago when i was suicidal. Ive started to slip back down that way. I really cant say anything to my parents though. I cant just admit myself to a mental hospital either because they would visit and been ashamed that i didnt carry on with my further eduction and job. It's too much stress. Ive been so down that i started to do solvents. Ive also been cutting much deeper. I kinda want to talk to someone but i cant bring myself to. Im afraid. My friends wont help me out either. Is there any way that i could go somewhere and get help without my parents finding out?

Finchabald,

I always read your posts and it seems that your parents are always the major source of stress for you in your life. I had a friend in high school whose parents were very similar and she was often suicidal.

You're about 16, right?

I know nothing I can say will make you feel better- but the one thing you can count on is that it won't have to be this way forever. Soon you will be able to be on your own, independent, and become your own person. You can go away to college or move out- and not have to deal with them anymore.

Is there any way that i could go somewhere and get help without my parents finding out?

Maybe this website can help you find a confidential hotline or center in your area: link removed

BellaDonna

I checked out your website. not bad, seems like you really enjoy it, so devote some time to it. Add me and other people that want ot help, that will help you alot. How old are you?

Sometimes, your parents have to realise that its your life. The biggest problem is that they dont know, and its hard to tell them. they need to see what thier selfishness is doing to thier child.

hi Finch

i dont have an answer to your question, but just wanted to say i know how you feel. My parents are very similar. All my life they made me do things they wanted me to do. Even now i am studying, almost finishing, and i am studying something they made me choose, i am not enjoying it and i am stressing about a future job, cause im afraid i wont be good at it and i wont like it. They are trying to make me come back to them to work in their firm, which is hard work and not the best climate there, but they have power over me, because i depend on them financially and i do because in this country where i live i cant fully support myself myself. This is a lot of stress, made me afraid of parents (like how to tell them about a bf or stuff like that cause they also want my bf to be a certain nationality and have a certain proffession), its very very stressful and i just wish i had normal parents-friends like most people.

I wish you all the best, you are not alone. PM if you need a friend.

Hi Finchabald,

I am sorry to hear about your situation. The only thing I can tell you is to step back and forget about your parents for now. Look in a mirror and think of the person staring back at you. This is who you need to make happy, not your parents, but YOURSELF. Do what you need to do despite your parents' judgement. There comes a time when no one can really help you. People can try, but only you can make the change. I know it will be very hard for you, but without help, one day you might not wake up at all after taking solvents or cutting.

Your life is very precious, whether or not you may feel it is sometimes. But i know you feel it is, that is why you are asking for help here. I say, next time instead of reachign rfor the blade,m reach for the phone and dial 911.

It might seem weak to your family, but it wil;l be the bravest thing you can do.