Hey there. Two weeks ago, I met this guy whom I had talked to on the internet with awhile back...but had lost touch with until recently. It was our first time seeing each other in person, and we had a blast. We've spent almost every day since then together, and it has been nothing but wonderful. We both are amazed at how quickly one can fall in love! However...he is moving next week to Vegas (I live in Minnesota). We both knew he was moving from the start, and we promised that we would try not to become attached...but you can't really control love and fate. We talked about his moving last night, and it brought us both to tears. But its a great job oppourtunity for him there. And I am in college in Minnesota.

I need advice on what to do in this situation...!

LDR's (Long distance relationships) require exactly the same stuff SDR's do

If you have mutal attraction, trust and communication you're set. I think you should try to figure out if he's someone you want to spend have a LDR with. If he is then go for it. Exchange e-mails and phone numbers. Let each other know what's going on in each others lives and try your best to see each other once a month or so.

That's all it take for it to work. Eventually you'll both be able to meet up and live together, but it sounds as if that's a ways away. Till then just do you best to remember someone is waiting for you.

I wish you both the best of luck and I hope this helps you when the time comes to make your decision.

Your situation does not sound too bad to me. Hey, it's nice to find someone you care about. I think you need to be a little creative, that's all, and find ways to be together. One word of caution about the love at first sight and long distance: try not to make your precious time together too exciting. Make it normal. Get to know the real, day-to-day guy, too. That's the one thing that may be missing by such an instant romance and then long distance relationship. But otherwise, just go for it!

Hi FlipAngel,

I am pleased to read that you two are getting along so well. I understand that he is moving to Vegas and that you're being left behind in Minnesota.

The truth is that all this might just be temporary. You seem to have strong feelings for each other and eventually you will finish college. That will give you a chance to get back together then. Assuming that you still have two or three more years to go, I would say: "What's those years in a lifetime?"

It will be somewhat harder to get to things, but you might still travel up to him to meet him and vice versa. So, my suggestion is that you sit together and communicate. Try to make a plan. I like Heretic's ideas, too ... it requires the same thing. dfcannon is also right: be a little creative.

Having said that, I'll wish you good luck and hope that things work out the way you have them planned.

~ SwingFox ~