Girl I'm dating says "I'm not girlfriend material"

Strange girl. I would tell her that you don't want to be wasting time if she thinks that she won't be talking to you in two weeks. Seriously. You don't deserve to sit in limbo and you definitely don't deserve to become attached to someone whom isn't willing to do the same for you.

I would tell her that she should come clean. You can tell her that you dig her and stuff, but if she thinks that she can't even continue dating you then maybe it would be best for you to walk away now.

Or, you can sit there, be confused, and wait for her to do it. I'd rather be the one making the call, it hurts less. Besides, if you take control, she might realize that she is losing a good thing and that may force her to make her decision.

Yeah seriously... she is a little strange...LOL..

She said she owes me a dinner and wants me over sometime soon so I'll bring it up then..Much rather do it in person... I'm not looking to jump into anything really serious but i like this girl and would like to progress naturally but she's giving me all these mixed signals..

We get along really well and hang out like we've been together for a while..plus...the sex is great which I can't complain about that !

Arrggg..the whole dating scene ....!

Should I even bother calling her this week ? Leave it in her hands for now.. since she is the undecided one ?

Well.....I pretty much figured this girl out I think...After our date last Saturday that went pretty well and she gave me all that "not a girlfriend" talk and such but she really likes me blah blah blah.

She calls me Sunday to say thanks and all week she has been a little distant.

#1...she said she was gonna call me tuesday night but never did and then the next morning she text me and said sorry but I forgot you're number ? She's called me like 10 times at least so far...then last night I called her but no answer on her cell and then text message me this morning saying she didn't hear it.... So I'm thinking...fine...whatever..

Tonight she calls me around 630 to ask me questions about computers because she knows I build them and fix them...was a quick call..

Then tonight at 9pm or so she calls again to say Hi and we chat for a bit and I end up asking her if she wants to go see a movie on Saturday....she replies quickly by saying..I'm busy...and friday night too...going out with the girls... I said..sure no prob, whatever..and told her she knows my number and gimme a shout sometime if she wants to get together again sometime and left it at that...

So in my head I'm thinking...frig this....I'm better than that...I'm not calling her again or asking her out and I'll let her call me if she wants to and ask me out if she wants...I DON'T want to become in her "Friend" category..I have enough friends...lol...last thing I need is someone I liked to just wanna be friends or something..

What do you guys think ? Am I going by it the right way ?

I think so..

Let her be...Let her figure out what she wants and what she is doing...

You just watn to hang out and have a good time with someone not have to deal with this stuff....She sounds either like she does not want anything serious or maybe she is trying to let you down easy....

Anyway leave her be and if she decides she wants to hang out with you she knows how to get in touch...You don't need these games...

LEt her be and find the next girl..........

Good luck....

• 15 years later...
On 10/26/2005 at 9:56 PM, bubbamackdaddy69 said:

I'm totally ok with it actually but a little confused...

Saying I'm totally ok with meaning that I've done it with many girls in the past 2 years since my last real "long" relationship..

But funny thing is that I actually started to like this girl and she was the one telling me this...

It's usually me saying to girls "I"m not the boyfriend " material..

just a little confused I guess

On 10/26/2005 at 9:56 PM, bubbamackdaddy69 said:

I'm totally ok with it actually but a little confused...

Saying I'm totally ok with meaning that I've done it with many girls in the past 2 years since my last real "long" relationship..

But funny thing is that I actually started to like this girl and she was the one telling me this...

It's usually me saying to girls "I"m not the boyfriend " material..

just a little confused I guess

I'm thinking she's just forewarning you she might just vamp (dissappear) without any warning then act dumb when seen out with another guy... Kinda was recently done to me after us living together for a year and a half... Go figure, good luck dude, that was my personal opinion which could possibly be wrong 

10 hours ago, Last2findout2 said:

I'm thinking she's just forewarning you she might just vamp (dissappear) without any warning then act dumb when seen out with another guy... Kinda was recently done to me after us living together for a year and a half... Go figure, good luck dude, that was my personal opinion which could possibly be wrong 

This thread is FIFTEEN years old!