Sex to soon

Since you are asking for individual responses, my personal answer is yes, but I wouldn't have had sex within the first three dates to begin with. For me, that would be moving waaaaaay too fast. That said, hypothetically speaking, if I did have sex within the first 3 dates it would have to be because I REALLY cared for the guy, otherwise I wouldn't even think of being intimate with them.

In my own opinion, I believe that if you have sex within the first 3 days, you're selling yourself out. Sex can get in the way of whats really important. Intimacy in that short amount of time is nothing more than sex. You can't have a real connection with the person, so its basically meaningless.

Why would you want to build something out of that?

But......that's not necessarily the case. I was engaged to my husband within 3 weeks of knowing him and we've been married for 17 years. I think it depends on the individual situation and the connection you have with that person. I don't feel like I sold myself out at all. I certainly wouldn't advocate people having sex so soon into dating, but I also won't judge them for doing what is right for them.

Oh, I know. I didn't mean to imply that you were judging anyone. For the most part I actually agree with your opinion. I think in "most" cases, you are absolutely right, because it is a rarity to make that kind of connection off the bat, but it does happen.

Oh, I know. I didn't mean to imply that you were judging anyone. For the most part I actually agree with your opinion. I think in "most" cases, you are absolutely right, because it is a rarity to make that kind of connection off the bat, but it does happen.

I suppose love at first sight must exist somewhere!

I met a guy and for the next two weeks we saw each other every day... at the end of that two weeks we had sex....

That was OVER 5 years ago, and that guy is now my fiance...

I did feel really bad about having sex so soon... he was amazing, we had so much fun together.. it was crazy.... It took me 4 years to have sex with my ex.....I dont feel bad now obviously because things worked out really well and it wasnt just a one night stand thing...

No I wouldn't. No way.

Sex in first three dates in my opinion makes the relationship doomed to begin with. Its based on sex, and as we all know, sex doesnt heal everything.

Id rather have a relationship with a person who had no sexual organs, thanks. At least Id know it was love and not lust.

I know there are people who adhere to a "3 date rule" or 2 weeks or some sort of external cue before they have sex.

I've never done that. I've always gone with if it felt right to me, and the opportunity presented itself, then it was a go. Some of them turned into relationships, some didn't. I've done the 2 day first date, and it wasn't the end of the world.

My husband and I chatted online & on the phone for a few weeks before our first date. We had sex on the first date & he proposed a week after our first date.

As long as you are being true to yourself, and taking full responsibility for your actions, then having sex right away or waiting to have sex doesn't have to be that much of an issue.