Dieting plan - counting calories/fencing/aerobics/running

Well, starting a diet to lose bulk (not that i'm obese or anything like that) I tend to eat around 2500-3000 calories daily. THis was excellent when I was able to fence 6 times a week, i can't do that for now (at least not until winter when I have a better sense of balance) So, I'm going down to 1,500 calories a day. I still need to weight myself btu my last weigh in, I was 220, for the more astute of you, the ideal wieght for my age (keep in mind muscle mass or body fat% is not applied here) is 190. FOllowing my diet, I should lose 2-3 lbs a week. So, for the more astue of you, that woill take 10 - 15 weeks or 2-3 months. I really hope I can do this, it' help with self esteem most defiantely.

So, I am playing the counting calories game. Wish me luck.

EDIT: kk, used that site thing, and decided 1900 for calories intake, thank you

So, I'm going down to 1,500 calories a day

That's too low for the average person to survive on. You might lose weight in the beginning but you'll end up leveling off and putting your body in starvation mode. then your body will be trained hold on to fat and calories even more and you're likely to gain back the weight and thensome.

Try 2000 or at the very least 1800 per day.

Your total calorie intake will depend on your current weight, gender, height, current level of activity, and fitness goals. Where you get the calories from is also a factor.

But 1500 is way too low. I'm 5'5" weigh 125 and I have at least 1800 per day- but I eat only healthy foods.

Try this calorie calculator to give you a better idea of what you should be getting nutritionally. link removed

BellaDonna

If you are physically active, 1500 calories is way too low.

I am female, 117 pounds, and now in winter training I do cycling training 10+ hours a week, run 1-2 hours, lift weights 3x a week, practice power yoga 4-5 hours a week. And I consume minimum 2000 calories a day.

As a male you also need more calories due to muscle and growth. How old are you?

It would be preferable if you upped your calories back to 2000-2200 and used some sort of cardio or weights to burn some extra instead. Walking, running, swimming, whatever you can do at the moment before you can get back into fencing.

Going from 2500-3000 and dropping down to 1500 will throw your body into starvation mode - you will retain fat. You may lose weight at first, but long term you will hurt your metabolism and your body will try to hold onto fat stores as a survival mechanism. You should never drop that dramatically.